Long time mustang man,just got bronco 2, have questions!

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Bushman

Long time mustang man,just got bronco 2, have questions!

Post by Bushman »

I have long been into mustangs and pretty much everything Ford, i have owned 5 mustangs, but the whole bronco2/ranger thing is new to me. Heres my question, i plan to do a v-8 swap with a 347 stroker with a c-4, i was planning on putting a 8.8 from a ranger and dana 35 for the front. i have the complete 5-lug set up from a 1995 mustang gt with brakes, is there any way to adapt the brakes from this on to my bronco 2, both use the 8.8 inch rear, and im not at all familiar with the dana 35. And is there a company who makes aftermarket parts to beef up the dana 35, any help with this would be appreciated
vabronconut

Re: Long time mustang man,just got bronco 2, have questions!

Post by vabronconut »

allot of your questions i have not idea. as far as mustang rotors on ranger, well the pattern is 5 on 4.5 for the ranger so if thats what you got it should work. the axle shafts will not interchange as they run different spline counts, but a complete 8.8 swap would work great. the front dana 35 no the parts will not interchange on the rotors or hubs due to the 4wd. i would ask the guys at www.therangerstation.com if they know anyone who makes aftermarket for it.
87 bronco II 93 5.0 HO, NP435, 44 sas
CarbedNotch

Post by CarbedNotch »

The front rotors and spindle from a 2wd mustang wont fit a 4x4 bronco.
TJDukit82

Post by TJDukit82 »

Do you already have the 8.8 from the Ranger? If not I would go with the explorer 8.8 because they had 31 spline count were the Ranger's I think were only 28 spline it's a little bit more work but if you can weld then it's not a problem.
And on the 8th day God created beer.

'89 Bronco II
'03 GMC Sierra Z71