springs fall out

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
88budget4X4

springs fall out

Post by 88budget4X4 »

well i have a lift of some sort.... i wanna say skyjacker but im not posotive being i bought the bronco II with it on there. but anyways i pulled the sway bars off to get that extra play and i have no complaints except that now when one of the front tires hangs the spring is able to come out from the top....

i just took some bailing wire and wired the spring in place so it wont fall out when it hangs but i wanna know if anyone else has any clever ideas like a home made limiter strap setup or something... i couldnt find any decent spots to mount straps...
Phillippi

Re: springs fall out

Post by Phillippi »

You can use a u-shaped bolt with the ends threaded. The one I used had a cross bar/washer connecting the ends. this kept the spring in place. Im sure someone has a pic handy.
88budget4X4

Post by 88budget4X4 »

Phillippi wrote:You can use a u-shaped bolt with the ends threaded. The one I used had a cross bar/washer connecting the ends. this kept the spring in place. Im sure someone has a pic handy.
yea id really like to see a picture of how thats done.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I know I have a pic or 2 but I cannot find one to save my life. I will try to figure something out to give you an idea of what others have done.
88budget4X4

Post by 88budget4X4 »

ok cool thanks.
89BRONCOII16

Post by 89BRONCOII16 »

Definition of 4 wheeling. Spending to much money on parts
so you can brake them and buy more parts.
Just gotta love it!
88budget4X4

Post by 88budget4X4 »

i see... pretty basic.. i like it