deisel 5.0l?

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
stevenf

deisel 5.0l?

Post by stevenf »

I thought about this earlier because a friend of mine owns a seafood shop and have hundreds of gallons of vegitable oil each week that I could take. I am in the market for a cheap 302 at the moment because I plan to build it completely.
This might sound like a noob question but, to make it run off of deisel/veg oil, would you only have to make the compression ration 20:1 but installing different pistons and mabey longer crank? Or is there alot more to it?
stevenf

Re: deisel 5.0l?

Post by stevenf »

I googled for a little while and finally came across a write up that explained this subject in detail.
I have another question. What is the smallest deisel that Ford makes? Ive read of people having deisel 4cyl broncos. I figured clearence would be WAY to much of an issue with the 7.3L from F series trucks. What type of Hp do these 4cyl deisels produce? What are the + sides to them over the stock v6?
yodaman1151

Post by yodaman1151 »

the ones i've read about are the 4BT by cummins. they produce 105 hp with like 240+ ftlbs of torque. i also read that with a little tweaking on the stock components it will push 160 hp and 4 somethin ftlbs of torque. More or less the only way to find one of these motors is to order it directly from the cummins factory. they used to be in the old bread vans... there is a video on youtube of a 4BT in a bII you can see it run and hear it in someone's garage
Dreded

Post by Dreded »

ford rangers had a diesel option and that would bolt directly in
4x4'ers Eat More Bush!