Dana 44 SAS Pics

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
onewontwo

Dana 44 SAS Pics

Post by onewontwo »

Well its coming along. I need to do a few things yet. Make a track-bar (anyone know the measurements, or someone that can make one.. i want to make sure the axle is center), hook up steering, brakes, secure the top of the coil.....

Just to make sure did i choose the right hole for the radius arm bracket in the frame.? I think the axle should be slightly more forward.. let me know

And then for the rest of the pics throughout the process..
**note - the pics are of my friends doing the work... i just had a surgery for a hernia so i can't lift anything.

Start of process.. Begining to paint, too...

Moving the axle underneath.. This was fun to watch.. I wish I could of helped.. haha not really

3.5" Coil and 6" shock..

Front of axle.

Sitting on 33's for now....

Let me know any suggestions you guys may have... Thanks for the help throughout this whole process.. It really has not been as difficult as I was making it..
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

looks good just some future advice dont use cinder blocks to hold anything up they have a tendece to brake and kill who ever is under the truck. Cant wait to see pics of it on the trail.
onewontwo

Post by onewontwo »

i wouldn't work on it like that... my jack stands were too small to do the swap so i was waiting on bigger ones... it is a good peice of advice though for those who don't know better..
onewyr

Post by onewyr »

hey you forgot something. the back is feeling a little left out. JK looking good man keep it up and like the others said ditch the cinder blocks.
My jack stands are to short so I took A couple pieces of 6x6 and screwed them to a piece of 3/4 plywood to put under my stands
yodaman1151

Post by yodaman1151 »

one other thing is missing.. you can't use 4wd without a front drive shaft lol
onewontwo

Post by onewontwo »

i don't plan on hooking the driveshaft up until i have the rear done... that way the gears match and i have no chance of messing anything up..
onewontwo

Post by onewontwo »

can anyone tell me where to get the brake lines at??... thanks in advance

I also need advice on how to level out the rear... i plan on using a 9" axle... keep in mind im trying to keep the cost to a min.
Joel H

Post by Joel H »

Couple of suggestions

Axle needs to be centered, left to right. too far to the drivers side.

Looks like you have the plastic part missing on the rad arm bushings or the wrong bushings all together for the 79 brackets.

Axle needs to be pushed forward more. Like 4-5" more.

Depending how much lift your running you may want to get some angled shims for your lower coil seats to get rid of the bending you have in the coil now.

So far it's looking good, and I know it's not complete.
onewontwo

Post by onewontwo »

i know its not centered left to right... im going to do that once i get the track bar mount made... it does seem to be back further then i want it... but im not sure what will happen to it once i get the rear end lifted up... i put the radius arm brackets in the right hole according to the write-up on the main page.. so im not sure whats going on exactly.. thanks for the input though