Kia Sportage. Opinions?

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Al

Kia Sportage. Opinions?

Post by Al »

I saw one last night, looked about the same size as my Bronco II.
Anyone know anything about them?
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

Made in Korea, won some offroad races. 100,000 mile warrenty new. Cheap and thin. Better buy a fleet.
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
BDEUCE

Post by BDEUCE »

100 percent crap. if you consider it par with a toyota tercel, then yeah, it's an outstanding CAR. a friend had one, and it had some lame ass awd, got stuck if you looked at it the wrong way. severely underpowered, and crazy top heavy. family wagon that's good in the snow, really. i'd get one - they're kinda cute. (don't forget my other car is a fukus wagon)
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I had a 97 and it wasnt bad at all. 4 wheel coil, not that many special features. I took it wheeling several times before I sold it for a bigger SUV when the family kept growing. For a cheap beater 4wd its not a bad deal. The 97 I had was not AWD so no problem there.
cpubuilder

Post by cpubuilder »

I don't like foreigns, but that's me, everyone is entitled to there opinion. But here is why I do NOT.

First: A kia Sportage will cost you more than one of its domestic competitors (lets say Ford Escape)

Second: It will depreciate in value drastically compared to a lot of other vehicles.

Third: The parts are more expensive than that of a domestic vehicle.

Fourth: Its ugly ! lol .... no seriously I own a 2007 Escape and I have been in Kia's ... probably a 2.7l where Escape is a more powerful 3.0l gas mileage is about the same, maybe a bit better on Escape, I don't know Kia off hand, but Escape is 26 city, 32 highway.

I do know that the 3.5 l Kias get 16 c and 26 h ... not very good.
Ford. For Now, Forever!
Ruffinit

Post by Ruffinit »

Can you say "BIC" lighter? Nice, light, disposable, purchased for when you don't want to get a good Zippo trashed.

The Escape on the other hand is quite nice, like a 4x4 sports car.. They're a blast. Kinda reminds me of the BII except for the front wheel drive aspect.

I'm with CPUBuilder. Don't like imports. There's nothing made with foriegn parts or by a foriegn company that can't be made better here - in and by America. And for those who say that we have them built in Mexico and Canada, they are still part of North America. I would rather see them built with the jobs securing our borders than sent to China/Japan/Korea etc.

:usa: