No Spark

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
amberbrush

No Spark

Post by amberbrush »

O.k., I finally got everything working on the 4.0 in my 88 B2 but when I crank the B2 over I found that I have no spark. The plug that goes from the ICM to the coil pack has power going through it. The 4.0 harness is from a 1994 Explorer. Anyone have any ideas?
84_4x4

Post by 84_4x4 »

im guessing this is distributor ignition you might want to check pickup coil or get the coil itself tested and i assume you know enough about what your doing to ground the plug when checking for spark or using a spark tester
Get Out Of Way Or Im Comin Over Ya
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Can you pull codes? I don't have much advise other than check all your wire splices and make sure everything is plugged it.

Sounds like you are very close to driving it. Must be killing you.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

did you have your coil checked at autozone?

they will check the primary and secondary resistence for you for free...
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
BDEUCE

Post by BDEUCE »

84_4x4 wrote:im guessing this is distributor ignition you might want to check pickup coil or get the coil itself tested and i assume you know enough about what your doing to ground the plug when checking for spark or using a spark tester
not distributer ignition...he said he has coil packs. the 4.0 never came with a dizzy.
amberbrush

Post by amberbrush »

Sorry, I should have updated you guys sooner. I found the problem quite some time ago. I was missing a ground, therefore I didn't have spark. Somehow the ground had got cut off the main harness so I never saw it. I had to do some digging and finally came up with a very short exposed wire which was for the ground. After splicing them back together the Bronco II started right up. It has been running great ever since. I highly recommend the 4.0 to anyone who is considering it. I have much more power and it is so nice not to have the B2 downshifting going up all these dang hills! :D
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Thanks for the update! Congrats on getting it going. :cool: