cheap tools

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
EBSTEVE

cheap tools

Post by EBSTEVE »

I got a Craftsman 1/2" breaker bar at a garage sale about 15 years ago and busted it a few months ago with a 5' cheater attached. This one is a few months old and did not have the cheater on it, notice the "warning wear eye protection", it's there so the shrapnel of the cheap tools Sears now sells does not hurt you. It's sad, it's farther to Sears than Harbor Freight tools and the quality is about the same on hand tools now, I am done with Crapsman.
Attachments
crapsman.JPG
crapsman.JPG (31.95 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
Ranger 5.o, needing another project like Rosie O'Donnell needs another M&M.
84_4x4

Post by 84_4x4 »

wow thats crazy ive always used craftsman tools and ive notices my tools that are a few months old show more wear already than my 10 year old tools.

don't have the money to fork over for snap on or matco so craftsman still my main source but i agree they need to do something or they will loose all there buisness
Get Out Of Way Or Im Comin Over Ya
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

He must have been using it on the Chevy parts he installed on the Ford. :finger:
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

I had 2 ratchets and 1 breaker bar that have broken over the last 10 years. I figured what the heck it was just fate. Then I got the replacement tools!!! The 2 ratchets were sloppy as hell in the works. The breaker bar was made with much less material than the original. :flipoff:

I tried to get them to get me better tools, they said "Their all that way, after all you can bring them back if they break". :mad2:

The idea here is to not have them break in the first place.. :idea:
As a result I no longer buy any Crapsman tool. :finger:

BTW: 1 of the replacement ratchets is useless if you try to use it upside down it won't lock any way at all. :wtf:

They have gone downhill a LOT! Used to be if a tool was made craftsman would have it and in good quality. Now they don't make much in speciality tools and what they do have is made overseas in china!

The big shock was a first trip in years to The BigK mart they had a whole section of Crapsman tools...

Whats this world coming to. :puke:
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
mekcanix

Post by mekcanix »

up here in canada the sears tools are ALL offshore there hasnt been a USA made tool in decades thats why I use Snap On at work now just got tired of crap
Its a Bronco II thing............EVEN WE DONT UNDERSTAND
85 bronc modded up a bit