Engine Troubles

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Alrebel_09

Engine Troubles

Post by Alrebel_09 »

Last weekend I pressure washed my entire truck the engine bay, underneath everywhere. This weekend i went to go mud riding and when i cranked it lots of black smoked came out of the exhaust and it was running really rich and it was shaking real bad kinda like it was missing it does this throughout the rpm range. I checked the o2 sensor and checked for vaccum leaks i've done everything i could think of that would fix it but nothing has worked.
Paul

Post by Paul »

ok, first check all sparkplugs to make sure they didnt get knocked loose, and then make sure the plugs on all electrical sensors are plugged in good, then make sure the distributor cap is clean inside and dry if your running a 2.8, 2.9. or 302, if it is wet then it must be dried out inside as this will cause the engine to miss by sending the spark to ground ........ also make sure the air cleaner box isnt full of water, if it is dry it out as that could be the problem too by suffocating the air out causing it to run rich.....
1989 Bronco II 4x4
Mitsubishi 146 5 speed,
Stock D35
235/75/15
4.0L upgrade
NO LIFT
Crop Top