Bear attack

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
Phillippi

Bear attack

Post by Phillippi »

This was my and a buddies detail last night. :frown: We found the boy about 450 yards from the camp. Be careful when in the wilderness this summer guys. I am pissed we didnt get to kill the bear.

I did wake my 11 yr old boy when I got home this morning and hugged him though. I am a big softy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19293440/
Paul

Post by Paul »

thats totally messed up......it makes me want to kill the bear.....
1989 Bronco II 4x4
Mitsubishi 146 5 speed,
Stock D35
235/75/15
4.0L upgrade
NO LIFT
Crop Top
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I wanted too as well. I was spent after another deputy and I hiked all over before we found the boy. Plus you have to be a marathon runner to keep up with those bear hounds.

The bear is dead as of 12 noon today.
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Wow. That is unbelievable.

Jason, are people allowed to carry a firearm or side arm while camping in areas like that?
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
Paul

Post by Paul »

well luckily around here we have no bears, but we have plenty of coyotes, but thats awefull to hear about, but i am glad to know it wont do that sort of thing to another child.
1989 Bronco II 4x4
Mitsubishi 146 5 speed,
Stock D35
235/75/15
4.0L upgrade
NO LIFT
Crop Top
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Yes people are allowed to carry sidearms out in the county. As long as they arent covered (with shirt or jacket) and in plain view anyone can carry. Also in Utah, its very easy to get a concealed firearm permit as long as you dont have felonies for violent crimes or the like.

I have always worried about bears and thought that I am just parnoid, but I guess not.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Wow..... that makes me sick. I can't believe the bear went into the tent like that, especially a black bear. Kid must have had food in the sack. As a parent I don't know how I could go on.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

FYI there were 3 of us on scene first. Food was not in the tent or around camp. It was a very clean camp. That is not to say that in the past some others have left found out that the bear could have gotten and learned that this is a good dinner spot.

We have officially cancelled our camping trip next month even though were would have even taken our dog with us.
Paul

Post by Paul »

i cant say i would cancel my camping trip, i just believe i would be camping someplace where ther was no bears, and i agree with nobody .... i dont know how i would go on either ....... it has to be devastating to the family ............. my prayers are with them in the journey they face ahead........
1989 Bronco II 4x4
Mitsubishi 146 5 speed,
Stock D35
235/75/15
4.0L upgrade
NO LIFT
Crop Top
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Well our trip would have ben in a more remote spot then the one where the attack occured. I know this is an isolated event, but this attack and other things that were just nagging (no time, etc) also add to the decision.
Paul

Post by Paul »

well lifes short, remember to enjot the time you get ........ cant go camping ...... go wheeling then .... and we want pics ....LOL
1989 Bronco II 4x4
Mitsubishi 146 5 speed,
Stock D35
235/75/15
4.0L upgrade
NO LIFT
Crop Top