hi, new with a few questions

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
Roger

hi, new with a few questions

Post by Roger »

Hi, my name is Roger, I just got an '87 Bronco II, well I got it for my gradution present early. I'm 17, almost 18 still in school (high school). But anyway, right now I am driving a lowered, highly tuned 92 Thunderbird Sport (5.oh, and a tremec 6 spd). And I got this bronco from my grandparents, because I needed a new vehicle for college, and I got a ticket for 135 in a 65. so what should I know about this vehicle before I get it next week? obviously its literally 3 or 4 times taller, has less than half the horses, and one less gear. What's up with these? I drove it for a while over the summer, and I really liked it. And I have a friend who just finished restoring his 77 Bronco, which is nice. The only thing that bugs me is the wheels. The like split-spoke 4 spoke wheels that are like white. The truck is black with a red and I think silver pin stripe. So why white wheels? I want to paint the wheels and the grill black to mtch the rest of the truck. I love te way monochrome BIIs look. any ideas?
-Roger
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Welcome to the bronco addiction. You need to ask a little more of a specific question. There is too much to tell about the b2.
broncoii33

Post by broncoii33 »

Welcome to the B2 family. I am 16 just got my B2 and am in the process of building it. My dad built a 85 ranger for my brother and now the B2 for me. It is awsome.
I just turned 16 and my Dad got this Bronco II for my project 4x4. I am a lucky kid! We are building from the tires up.
Bob Myers

Post by Bob Myers »

First piece of advice; don't try 135. too much wind resistance, 102-maybe, downhill with a tail wind.
88 BII,4.0, 9"& D44/4.88 locked. 1350/1354 doubles
92 XJ-wifes toy
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

Where I am from 135 in a 65 isn't a ticket it is a quick ride to the local barred window Motel. You would be lucky to bury the speedo on a bII.
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
84_4x4

Post by 84_4x4 »

with a 2.9 burring the speedo is possible but not easy or good for he engine its probley best to drive speed limit and its funny because everyone behind you gets pissed off
Get Out Of Way Or Im Comin Over Ya
mikhail

Post by mikhail »

84_4x4 wrote:with a 2.9 burring the speedo is possible but not easy or good for he engine its probley best to drive speed limit and its funny because everyone behind you gets pissed off
thats the thing i noticed the other day on the freeway, it sounds like the engine is maxed out at 75? it has no tach so its hard to tell with the windows down. The gears are too short i think. but yes i had to about floor it to get up to 75

Post by 3barSranch »

the beauty of the b2 isnt going fast buts its going anywhere
cuz the chick dig it
Paul

Post by Paul »

welcome to the world of BRONCO II owners :D , there not built for speed :frown: , but the got plenty of guts to get you where you want to go :D .