tires

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Alrebel_09

tires

Post by Alrebel_09 »

would you buy buckshots,pro comp mud terrains or baja claws to play strictly in mud with?
rockcrawlerbronco2

tires

Post by rockcrawlerbronco2 »

Ive ran a lot of different tires including,buckshots bfg muds,procomps and various swampers but il tell you the best tire to run is the swamper iroc.it cleans out the best out of any tire ive seen.and its been proven.another good tire is the swamper tsl radial but i found them to have pretty weak sidewalls. i blew 2 of them.
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

I perfer the Buckshot radials. I have never had one fail even when it was practically bald. I have never lost one off of a bead and the snow performance is out standing. I have broken many a axle with these tires. Very good multi-terrain tire. (mud,sand,snow,rocks, and even wet pavement.) Good Luck
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
BDEUCE

Post by BDEUCE »

i like these ones

get them at walmart, 31" for $108 apiece, mounted & balanced (canadian). 33'' are $112 apiece. 35's are $123. cheap, good in snow...absolutely terrifying on ice. i abssolutely endorse getting them studded, as it is a drilled tire. A buddy had a local tire shop "sipe" his tires. holds a nice bead at 11 psi under a b2 on sharp rocks no prob. good in sand, wicked in mud - air down and floor it, you just float across the mud. these bastards are also extremely loud on the highway, and start to bounce like a front end loader does.

Siping your tires is when (at least when i did it at a TireCraft) you take a super sharp high tensile blade, about 15 inches long. it is about the thickness of three business cards, and you heat it with a propane torch. once glowing cherry, place the knife over the treads, light pressure (think of doing this to cheese - that is what this will feel like), and draw across the tire. do this about four times per heat.

i like adding sipes, because once you buy a $60 knife, as long as you have a way to heat it, you can do this for free almost.

a nice electric one...not as fun

:D
steiner_5000

Post by steiner_5000 »

The problem with those tires though is you wont get much milege out of them compared to a regular tire. Had a set on my B2 only got about 10,000 out of them.
greenmachine89

Post by greenmachine89 »

Super swampers overall are about the best. I just read an article about the nitto mud grappler, and they were sayin that it grips extemely well. Another option is the Toyo MT runs the quietest on road and does very well off road.
1989 Bronco II 8.8 rear Dana 30 Jeep front---RIP
1991 Exploder 6 inch lift 33's---RIP
1989 Bronco II Stock with 32 BFG KM1's
BDEUCE

Post by BDEUCE »

from what i understand, steiner, it is for strictly mud use. these tires grip well...they wear out on the highway. what can i say, they're cheap, and a guy i know just had 38's put on for six hundred bucks. in mud they grip pretty good.
BDEUCE

Post by BDEUCE »

from what i understand, steiner, it is for strictly mud use. these tires grip well...they wear out on the highway. what can i say, they're cheap, and a guy i know just had 38's put on for six hundred bucks. in mud they grip pretty good.
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

Well if you want the overall mud king then you might as well buy Boggers. You will need some HP to make them work though.
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.