getting ready to roll (not under its own power)

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
Phillippi

getting ready to roll (not under its own power)

Post by Phillippi »

Hey just an update since we are moving tomorrow into our new house finally. Here are couple of pics of the d44 installed. I know, its about time....

I need to move the coil bucket back the the front holes to help with spring arch.
Attachments
whole front
whole front
radius arms
radius arms
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

lookin good
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I don't know how you've gone so long without your bronco. Don't give up! Make a plan to get one thing done a week, big or small.

The coil bow comes with the territory. Part of the problem is the coils cups are at a different angle than the buckets. You can shim the cups a to help a little. But overall, that's a fine tuning thing. You don't have to worry about your coils popping out.
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Lookin good Jason. Keep at it.

As much as I am enjoying my 79 FS, I miss my 85 BII.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

well today I got it sitting on tires. I also hooked up the stock steering up just to move it and boy it sucks. I had to adjust it so much and still isnt right. Good thing that the tires are beaters... Anyway the truck has a new home in our new houses' garage. I cant wait until this move settles down to get her running. (sorry no pics)
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

looks good. :cool: i know you gotta be happen to be moving olong on it. later on down the road after you beat on it a little if you want to get rid of the coil bow you can use some fullsize or eb bronco buckets that what i did. helped alot... :cool:
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

you mean the bottom coil top or bottom buckets? tops are EB bottom are Bob Meyers custom. I can still move them a little to help out.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

i ment top buckets... did you mount them at the angle of the old buckets?i mounted mine as close as possible to straight to get rid of the bow.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I got those top buckets from an EB frame. I had to cut them off as they were welded on. I installed them flush, just like they were on the original frame. I am not too worried the flex as much as I am wondering what i am going to do for steering.

The lower buckets can also be moved back a little so that might help them line up better as well.
Bob Myers

Post by Bob Myers »

Steer this;

88 BII,4.0, 9"& D44/4.88 locked. 1350/1354 doubles
92 XJ-wifes toy
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

yep the chevy stuff is the way to go.

Bob, do you have a good source for the jam nuts?
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

chevy supposedly doesn't make them any more when i went to get mine. i had to look in the yards and got lucky. kinda felt bad when i ripped apart the steering just for 2 nut's. definetly the way to go.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I checked the dealer and they are disontinued. There are a number of 4x4 vendors that stock them, but they are charging quite a bit. I'd like to know where the vendors are getting them.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Nobody wrote:I checked the dealer and they are disontinued. There are a number of 4x4 vendors that stock them, but they are charging quite a bit. I'd like to know where the vendors are getting them.
Hey Matt, Have you tried a speciality bolt company? I have a company near me called Tacoma Screw and that is where I buy all my weird bolt and nut combos. No minimum order and if they don't have it in stock they will find it for you.

There is also another company here like that but I can't remember the name. I think it was Seattle nut and bolt. Anyway I bet they would be cheaper than anyone else..
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
Bob Myers

Post by Bob Myers »

Nobody wrote:yep the chevy stuff is the way to go.

Bob, do you have a good source for the jam nuts?
Yep! I make them. As do I make all the other components there except the Chevy TRE's
88 BII,4.0, 9"& D44/4.88 locked. 1350/1354 doubles
92 XJ-wifes toy