condenser

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
pigmy pony

condenser

Post by pigmy pony »

I have an 86 2.9 b2. The guy who owned it before me took the air cond out. The condenser is still in there and I swapping the radiator because I am turning the truck into a manual trans. Is the condenser useless without the air conditioning. Just wanted to make sure before i riped it out.
thank you
Momentum and wheel spin
deathmetalandrez

Post by deathmetalandrez »

toss an empty fire extinguisher in there and use it for portable compressed air :tongue2:
I currently own 4 bronco 2's. Three of them are 89' of which two are 4x4 and love em. The other is an 85' 4x4 5-spd
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

the condenser just works as part of the AC if you dont have AC anymore its just taking up space.
Limited

Post by Limited »

you can use a fire extinguisher for OBA?
Rectum, damn near killed em
Bob Myers

Post by Bob Myers »

don't swap the radiator, use the tranny cooler section for a power steering cooler. Heat is the major cause of the pumps starting to do the infamous whine that Fords are noted to have.
88 BII,4.0, 9"& D44/4.88 locked. 1350/1354 doubles
92 XJ-wifes toy
84_4x4

Post by 84_4x4 »

no need to swap radiator anyways can just block off ports and save yourself a lot of time even if you don't wanna cool your power steering fluid
Get Out Of Way Or Im Comin Over Ya
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

I wouldn't change the radiator just for the fact that auto radiators are a little bigger to help cool the hot oil. extra cooling nevers hurts.

I know I have lost power steering with a welded front on a trail cause of the overheating of the oil.

Good Idea Bob. :cool:
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.