explorer springs??

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
davedale

explorer springs??

Post by davedale »

the back of my bronco is shall we say saging and i have had a friend tell me i can use springs from an explorer on it and this will acctually lift it an inch or 2 higher than stock so i went out and looked under my wifes explorer and her leafs look like they might fit if i flipped the centering pin he also says use the front coils to lift the front a little which again looks like it might work but i was wondering if anyone knows for sure if this will work before i go buy springs cuz the guy that told me all this has never had a BII or explorer or any ford for that matter
BDEUCE

Post by BDEUCE »

try using the search function.
Hair

Post by Hair »

Yup, get springs from a 4 door explorer, replace the centering bolts, swap them in
the explorer is spring under axle the Bronco II is spring over,
the centering "pin" needs to be turned over so the springs will work and it is easyer to replace them than trying to reuse them
1987 Bronco II 5" Hair Brain Engineering lift + 2" body lift 35X12.5 BFGs 4.56s Ramps at 933
davedale

Post by davedale »

tanks for the info my truck looks like a damn low rider and thanks for the heads up on the search feature i never noticed it i dont really use the computer much except for solitare i mean god forbid i use a real deck of cards