MOUNT MY HL LIFT

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
MIKRIB

MOUNT MY HL LIFT

Post by MIKRIB »

still needs to be herculined
Attachments
hl1.jpg
hl2.jpg
hl3.jpg
Limited

Post by Limited »

Hey got any better pics?
I just got my high jack today. Was going to mount it on my front bumper but its a little too long. Would like to mount it on the back aswell.
Also my rear hatch is cracked though at the mounting plate, so I took off the latch. I want to put it back on but whats the best way to reinforce the cracked fiberglass around the mounting plate?
Rectum, damn near killed em
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

MIKRIB that is a very sturdy place to mount the highlift. I had mine mounted like that since 1997. Its a good place, but make sure you take it off and clean out the mechanism a couple times a year so it wont seize up.
greenmachine89

Post by greenmachine89 »

Hey got any better pics?
I just got my high jack today. Was going to mount it on my front bumper but its a little too long. Would like to mount it on the back aswell.
Also my rear hatch is cracked though at the mounting plate, so I took off the latch. I want to put it back on but whats the best way to reinforce the cracked fiberglass around the mounting plate?

My buddy patched up the area that the fiberglass broke and mounted a piece of diamond plate over the area that the crack was. Seems to hold up very nicely.
1989 Bronco II 8.8 rear Dana 30 Jeep front---RIP
1991 Exploder 6 inch lift 33's---RIP
1989 Bronco II Stock with 32 BFG KM1's
MIKRIB

Post by MIKRIB »

Limited wrote:Hey got any better pics?
mine isnt cracked yet but when i get my 33" tires mounted im going to reinforce it like the latch is with a peice of back plate that runs the length of the hatck