o2 sensor

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
pigmy pony

o2 sensor

Post by pigmy pony »

Does anybody have any tips on getting the oxygen sensor off of this 2.9. I smell a rich exhaust so my first thought is o2 sensor. The problem is I can't fit any tools in there to get it off.
Momentum and wheel spin
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

First of all, is your check engine light on, indicating that there is a code? A lot of times a rich running condition is caused by a vacuum leak or the need of a tune up. Especially if there isn't any codes given.

I have been able to get the o2 sensor off with a box end wrench. A faulty o2 sensor should give you a code.
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

The O2 sensor is easy to get out with a wrench. If its all rusted, shoot some PB blast on it and let set overnight. That always works for me.
Hair

Post by Hair »

what has worked for me is a 7/8 box end wrench and a propane torch
heat up the "Bung" the O2 sensor threads into untill it glows then wrench it out
put a little more anti-sieze on the threads of the new one before you install it
1987 Bronco II 5" Hair Brain Engineering lift + 2" body lift 35X12.5 BFGs 4.56s Ramps at 933