Nobody tire???

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
FatMan

Nobody tire???

Post by FatMan »

you running iroks right? if so bias or radial? if bias how are they holding up from the road use? did they work well when you drove your b2 back and forth to work? i know you put alot of road miles on them.... did you balance them? weights, bb's, or, golf balls??? sorry for all the questions but i want to get a set before the summer is over and i have to drive pretty far to get to the trails that i play on...

thank's FatMan
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

No, I've been running TSL radials for years. With a spool they wear out fast, but after I put in an ARB, they last much longer. Then again I don't drive it much these days. I think the ARB has definately paid for itself in tire savings though.

I like the TSL radials because they are a good all around tire. They also seem to be one of the cheaper tires.

As far as IROKs go, I'd run the radials, no question. You have to be careful not to get caught up in all the hype. Wasn't so long ago that all the rage was about Boggers.

Iroks, might be a good tire, but in my opinion, they aren't worth breaking the bank. That money is probably better on something else that won't be wore out in 2 years.

That's my .02

edit: as for balancing, I've run both balanced and unbalanced. Not balancing is an easy way to save a few bucks, however I definately notice a smoother ride when I do balance. I could take it or leave it. If you have the extra money at tire time, I'd say pay for the balancing.

I haven't tried BB's or golf balls or anything, so I don't have an opinion on that.
wilber

Post by wilber »

iroks are meant to be a soft tire to grip the rocks, i have seen alot come in with damaged sidewalls. If you want the iroks, i suggest geting the tire waranty with them.

i ran my ssr radial swamper and loved em, there heavy and have a good sidewall to.
redneckwelder

Post by redneckwelder »

:redneck: i mysefl run the tsl bias 33 15.50 i like em in the cold they flat spot but smooth after they warm up (thats only 2 - 4 weeks a year ) as for golf balls no but the local rv shop set me up with a bag of some powder that balanced them perfectly so far 50000 miles and about 35% left