trac bar ???

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
FatMan

trac bar ???

Post by FatMan »

how to make sure the axle is centered befor mounting the trac bar? also where can i find a ajustable trac bar for this swap? would seem to make it alot easier than trying to get the mount perfect... Nobody i saw your adjustable trac bar over at TRS in a write up did it work good for ya??? if so where did you pic it up?
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I don't have an adjustable trac bar. :confused:

A friend of mine bought one, and it created some clearance problems with the engine crossmember, then it bent on the first hard use because it was adjusted out too far.

If you have an adjustable drag link, hook up your steering, then adjust your drag link to pull the body straight. I made some measurements from the tire to the frame and such. Then build your trac bar mount.
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

also make sure that the wieght of the truck is on it when you make the ajustments other wise it will be way off.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

thank's fellas...

Nobody on your right up for sas over at TRS i could've sworn you had a adjustable but i do know you told me you run a stock trac bar when i asked awhile back.
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
bailey

Post by bailey »

I'm running an adjustable, and it has ~2.5" of thread showing. Not optimal. I was overly concerned when I did my swap with matching drag link/track bar lengths and angles and I figure that the adjustable would be the easiest way to go - if I ever do another one I'll probably just fiddle more with the pivot placement or sleeve/elongate the stock bar.

It's always had me a little leery with the dialed-out threads, but I haven't had any problems yet (knock on wood). Someday I'll simply elongate the stock tracbar I have lying around somewhere.
1988 B2
d44/9"
tired 2.9L