So I went to the Ford dealer.....

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Yep.....already saw that! :cool:
Rockcrawler

Re: Cummins 4bt, 4 cylinder turbo diesel

Post by Rockcrawler »

Nobody wrote:
bartmantom wrote:just saw this on craigslist and thought someone here might be interested.

http://eugene.craigslist.org/pts/159044798.html
Hey that's pretty sweet, I didn't know you could bolt up any ford small block tranny. HMMMMMMMM :idea:
actully i think they do! If you get a ford one they also have a chevy one to.
mccutcheon4

Post by mccutcheon4 »

Nobody wrote:That's what he asked me.... I said I don't know, you're the dealer. You got one?

Of course I knew the answer, it was just fun to watch him squirm, knowing a sale was about to walk away.

It pisses me off that the US midsize diesel market is not existant. I have to buy a freaking jetta. :mad:
A guy I work with just traded in his snot hanging Camaro on a new diesel Jetta. He told me: you will be surprised at how quick it is, when you drive it. I'm skeptical. He also said he got 39 MPG, doing mostly around town driving on the first tank.
The CFN station across the street from work has B99
for 3.29 a gallon. The more I read about Bio fuels, the more I like the concept.
mccutcheon4

PLOWBOY, CHECK THIS LINK.

Post by mccutcheon4 »

Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I think I will just buy one of these! No need to worry about fuel prices, especially if it will take bio-diesel...

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=1000
mccutcheon4

Post by mccutcheon4 »

Phillippi wrote:I think I will just buy one of these! No need to worry about fuel prices, especially if it will take bio-diesel...

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=1000
I like the second version, I'm not sure I could live with performance of the first version, 0-60 in 20 seconds :puke: .

A small turbo diesel in a car like this might be fun to drive to work. Making one street legal may be near impossible though.
Attachments
dwarf.jpeg
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Phillippi wrote:I think I will just buy one of these! No need to worry about fuel prices, especially if it will take bio-diesel...
Daily Tech wrote: It goes 0-60 in 20 seconds and has a top speed of 99 MPH.
At acceleration and speeds like that, No worry about excess G forces huh?
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Well, if and when they are imported to the US it would be a perfect car for my wife to drive to school about 10 miles away eachway. Who cares if the pickup isnt that great, if I am only concerned about mileage?

Although the GT model with 87mpg seems like plenty good mileage to me!!! :finger: