V8 Ranger ?

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
mccutcheon4

V8 Ranger ?

Post by mccutcheon4 »

I bought this Ranger a while back with a blown up 2.0, it has 81,000 original miles. I have a, never fired Bliss performance roller 302, and T-5 Hmmm...... What do you guys think ?
Attachments
ranger2.JPG
mccutcheon4

Post by mccutcheon4 »

Actually, I wasn't telling the whole story. I put a SVO motor in it for a while, but am craving a V8.
Attachments
RANGER3.JPG
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Slame it to the ground and put some mini tubs in the rear and have a blast!!

I have seen picts of several V8 Rangers over at therangerstation.com. I think it would be a fun project. I would love to do a project like that. I just have more wishes and dreams than I have cashable checks LOL.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
wilber

Post by wilber »

i agree, drop it a lil, and make it a sleeper
mccutcheon4

Post by mccutcheon4 »

Well I yanked the SVO engine, and have let the truck sit for some time now,
the kid in the picture is 6'-1" tall now, that's how long its been.

Sleeper is the way I would like to go, this time.
How about this scenario, I have a set of the 15" Bronco2 rims that take the little stock hubcaps, I would send two down to Stockton Wheel and
get them widened to 8" for the rear. I would put the end of the stock tail pipe back up under the back with a bracket at the top to hold it, it will be connected to nothing mind you, just a dummy pipe. I would run 2-1/2 exhaust just
over the 9" and stop it just out of site. From the side it would appear all factory ! I will leave it at the stock ride height. IMO most rigs look good lowered but for some reason I don't think Rangers look good at all lowered.
Their fender wells look funny or something to me. Being a sleeper, the stock height would be the way to go.

I'm one of those guys that only finishes one project per five years though so..........
Attachments
svo motor in ranger.JPG
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

There no replacement for displacement!

Having a V8 Bronco II, I highly recommend V8's in these trucks. There should have been a factory V8 option. With the T-5 you should great gas mileage.

I'm a little surprised there aren't more people doing V8 swaps. Of course the V8 is about the only part thing left makes my Bronco II different.

My bronco II is a sleeper. No badges, and It's actually quieter than the V6's. Even have a stock size tailpipe. :laugh:

How did that 4cyl turbo go?
mccutcheon4

Post by mccutcheon4 »

The SVO motor powered the Ranger very well. It was almost a bolt in, with the exception of notching the heater cover and relocating the battery for the vane air meter.
I used a Volvo intercooler,1986 PE computer, ATR stainless header, brown top injectors, (can't remember their LB now) the bigger 86 VAM and a gutted upper plenum. I could never get the thing to run correctly 100% of the time though, It always had something quirky wrong. I pulled the motor and sold it along with two SVO Mustangs a couple years back. I also had a Pinto with an SVO motor, rolling up a Vette or a Camaro with a 4-cylinder Pinto was fun !

Emissions testing may be why we don't see more V8 swaps. I am lucky
Orting is exempt. I'm sure that will change soon though.

NOW I WANT TORQUE !
Attachments
SVOs.JPG
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

I think SVO's are the best of all the Fox body mustangs. You could do 140 mph and get 22or so MPG. 5 lug 4-wheel disc and a 5-speed. They will out handle the v-8 models. To bad you would fall though the floor. :redneck:
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.