Looking for a New Home

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
plowboy

Looking for a New Home

Post by plowboy »

Anybody know what Irving Texas is like? I am looking at a job there and wondering what it's like. Cost of living, etc.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

there used to be a web site deticated to calculating cost of living. I can't remember what the site is called though. you could type in where you are and what you make and then where you were moving and it would tell you how much you would have to make to be at the same spot or better off. I want to say it was on a government site.

I don't know it was a long time ago when I had that econ class
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

That would be cool. If anyone knows of this site, please pass it along.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

I have been to Irving Tx. It's just outside of Dallas on the west to northwest.
The cost of living was slightly lower than it is here in Seattle.

The area to me seems real flat and real brown in the winter. They can get some prety harsh weather at times too.

Be wary of a co worker when they say lets go get a burger! They say it is just down the street and you drive for a 1/2 hour and 30 miles. They like BIG.. Oh and when on the freeway drive it like ya stole it!!! The locals say the speed limit is a general guide not etched in stone!

People were friendly and there is a million things to do in that area. Ya have Irving, Ft Worth, Dallas, I think there is also a huge waterpark complex near by..

As for me? I am a mountain/Ocean man. Nothing like going clamming one day and later taking in a bit of night skiing in one of our many ski areas. I just wish I could ski... Hmmmm Skis on my wheelchair.

Man what a ride that would be.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

If you did a stretched wheel chair with skis it could be like a motorless snowmobile. I saw a movie once with a jet engine on a wheel chair. :redneck:

Thanks for the info.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I'd recommend taking a trip to the area before you make any decisions.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

plowboy wrote:If you did a stretched wheel chair with skis it could be like a motorless snowmobile. I saw a movie once with a jet engine on a wheel chair. :redneck:

Thanks for the info.
Awesome!!!! Lets Do it!!!!!

I always wanted to go back to flying!!!!!!

on a serious note I agree with Nobody. The best thing to do is go there and check it out before committing to a long term deal. I have gone places I thought were going to be awesome but turned out to be bad ju ju..
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

I'm working on a trip now. My wife has some family in the area and they have provided some good info and offered to show us around. I am waiting on them to get back with me on an actual sit down interview date so that I can schedule the trip.