Dana corp.

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
DBrown

Dana corp.

Post by DBrown »

I saw on the news that DANA filed chapter 11 today. I guess we will see the end of an era...

we have 9 plants here in KY and two localy. they say we will not see a direct effect yet but if they filed they will probably get shut down.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

yeah I saw that. I heard rumor about it a month or so ago.

Of course you never know, Kmart filed, then bought sears. Figure that one out :confused:
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

yeah, I guess that is true. people around here are freaking out because of the potential of loosing around 1000 jobs. for some of these local communities it can be a huge loose.

man, that Kmart buying sears thing kinda threw me for a loop...I didn't even know about it untill the deal was done. the worst of it is now I buy my tools from Kmart :confused: WTF?
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Unfortunately, there probably will be job cuts. I would expect to see a lot of management get the axe. These companies tend to get top heavy after being in business for so long. I bet it's really going to screw some people approaching retirement age :frown:
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

Ya usta get your clothes from k-mart want is wrong with the tools??? Toughskins forever!!!
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
wilber

Post by wilber »

ive heard the rumor most of the new axles will be from american axle
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

I went to change axle shafts in my D44, the 3/4 ton axle is on the left, the 73' 1/2 ton axle is on the right,(which is the one I am using currently). I decided to put a new u-joint in the right hand axle. I am wondering why the 3/4 ton diameter is smaller???
Attachments
03-10-06_1543.JPG
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

it depends on the year. i had a old closed knuckle 3/4 ton 44 and the shaft was alot thicker then my freinds newer 1/2 ton but the u joints were much bigger on the 1/2 ton
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

They were both open knuckles. The 3/4 was off of a 63' Jimmy with the NAPCO conversion that I acquired. Though it had disc brakes, I'm sure someone upgraded it to that. All the splines are the same.