New guy

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
COUGBII

New guy

Post by COUGBII »

Hi im the new guy on the board. I have been reading on this site for a while and thought why not. Name is Cody and i am a very poor college student. I have a stock 1988 2wd 2.9 b2, no big tires, nothing too good exept that it gets me where im going. Been wanting to do some mods but with no money and hardly any time/area to do anywork makes it real hard. Well just saying hi all.
Life is hard, its even harder when you are stupid!
COUGBII

ps

Post by COUGBII »

I fish like a madman, camping is also tops for me, and my 2wd isnt cutting it for me, so im on the lookout for a 4wd.

Tuesday and already time for a beer or (20).
Dreded

Post by Dreded »

if you wanna make it a 4x4 you can easily put the front end and T-case from a 4x4 BII stroight bolt-in I believe aside from the T-Case linkage you gotta cut the hole in the floor. and iv heard of a D28 commonly going for a case of beer because they are usually unwanted :) and as far as a t-case goes they can be found cheap with some lookin'
4x4'ers Eat More Bush!
COUGBII

Post by COUGBII »

I AM PUMPED!!!! I just got a 86' 4x4 b2 with a bad engine! I didnt think the transaction was gonna go through but it did after all! I am planning to go get it this weekend. And since the engine is bad in it, but everything else is good, i might just put in the 4.0! damn that would be fun! Its an automatic trans right now... do you all think it will be manual or touch 4x4? i hope manual.. im not a big fan of the autos. maybe i will try to find a 4.0 with a manual. we will see.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

my 86 was manual hubs. the 4.0l is a good upgrade. you just have the wiring issue...
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Dreded

Post by Dreded »

I think if I ever do the engine upgrade again ill go with a 4.0 rather than the 5.0. so much work trying to fit fullsize driveline under the BII and expensive to get adapters if you do it that way.
4x4'ers Eat More Bush!
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Welcome to the forum.

If I ever do another engine swap, it will definately be a 5.0L :cool: :finger:
COUGBII

Post by COUGBII »

Thanks for the info. Yea wiring might be a b*tch but my old man isnt too bad with wiring and i am a fast learner. Now to find a 4.0!
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Welcome to the boards.

My engine swap is going to be a 5.0L in my 84 BII. Going to be looking at a 87 BII later today. Possibly have two in my arsenal..

Good luck with the mods.