It's Official

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
plowboy

It's Official

Post by plowboy »

Got a new job. Moving to Memphis TN. WOW was it hot and humid there last week! I think this is going to be a good move for me and my family. I'll have about 3 weeks left of internet service until I get settled down there. The best thing of all is no more two jobs. Only one, and I get to be with my family at night. I'm excited.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Congrats on the new job. That's quite the move, what's the story on finding the job?
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Ya lets hear what the new job is (unless its classified) :D
Last edited by Phillippi on Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Thanks

It's pretty much the same as what I'm doing now, Media Director at a large church. However the church is no where near as technically advanced as where I'm at now. Media is an area they want to grow. So I will be designing, installing and maintaining for the next however long.
One of the large ad agencies uses the facility for Christian concerts and events. Whenever they hold events, I would get paid extra freelance wages as an audio engineer. That's a big bonus. Where I'm at now, I get paid the same whether I work 40 hrs or 100 hrs, and there have been way more weeks over 40 hrs than there have been under.

My best friend from college is on staff there. He called me a couple of weeks ago and asked if I would be interested in looking at the job. I said sure, so while on vacation last week I drove through Memphis and interviewed. They made me a decent offer and I accepted. I had been waiting on a job in Branson Missouri for about a year but it just hasn't materalized.
For a while(a few years anyway) it will be much slower paced and less demanding than where I'm at now. No broadcast deadlines will greatly lower the stress level.

The only major problem I see is that the Senior Pastor doesn't really know what my buddy and I were like in college. Let's just say we had a lot of fun pulling pranks. So I'm looking forward to it.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.