Good exhaust for conversion?

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
TC

Good exhaust for conversion?

Post by TC »

The V8 is all in my 84 BII. I just need to build a bumper, hook up my shifter, and I am good to haul it down to the exhaust shop.
Just wondering about opinions on what I should get. Reasonable price of course. I'm not going to spend $3000 on an exhaust that is 20 lbs lighter when I weigh 250.
I'll just go poop if I want to cut weight.

I have 3" Advance Adapter headers and that's it. I want it to be the best range between quiet and loud at the same time. Sneak in to the house, or wake up the neighbors, I want the option.
Straight 3" with glasspacks? Or with dynaflows?

Any thoughts?
Stay off the pipe, don't forget to wipe.
bartmantom

Post by bartmantom »

are you going dual or single exhaust??

if going dual exhaust, I'd go with the glass packs. I had that on my 69 chevelle, loved the way it sounded.

:redneck:
Steve G

Post by Steve G »

I like Magnaflow mufflers. I have a SI/DO on my 99 F250 light duty. They have a good sound when you get on it but are not so loud normally. I go to work at 4 in the morning and don't want to wake my neighbors.
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

i run a flowmaster and i love it on my 5.0 because its nice and quite when i need to hear my spotter and loud when i get on it. I also didnt get a cat. It was 300 bucks for my exuast.
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

One thing to think about when going for exhaust is that the recreational areas often enforce some kind of spark arrestor on exhaust systems. Up in Naches they will fine you for having Glass packs. I love the sound of my Flowmasters on the various rig that I have had them on. My BII v6 had a single Flo-Pro that gave good performance and good sound. So what ever your choice make sure that it is a baffled muffler. Glass paks are a cheesey way of running no mufflers and partially not get in trouble for it. :redneck: :redneck: :redneck: :redneck: :redneck: :redneck:
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
TC

Post by TC »

Good advice, thanks. I'll go with some decent mufflers, no glass packs. I assume you stuck with 3" on your conversion? The flowmaster setup sounds good.
Stay off the pipe, don't forget to wipe.
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

If you go duals then a 2- 2 1/4 inch pipe will do if you go single then a 2 1/2 to 3 inch will do the job. It depends on the HP and how loud you want to go.
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.