transfercase's

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
wilber

Post by wilber »

yea, i work in the shop
mccutcheon4

Post by mccutcheon4 »

I have been thinking about buying a set of rims from 4-wheel parts.
I have a 98 Cherokee (sorry guys, the B2 if for my son) I like the American Mojave, but am afraid the teflon coating would get sratched up and look like shit.
So, 4-wheel has the Mickey Thompson 2s that would be my other choice.
Do you have any experience with either type ? Advice ?

Thanks
wilber

Post by wilber »

the american racing teflons, seem to hold up well, there was a toyota in with them, caked in mud, and they cleaned up well. no visiable damage. If you want a cheap rim, and like the look of the mickey thompson, classic 2, just go with the pro comp, 1069 serries. When your ready to order call up the store in cleveland. Ask for chubby and tell him your from here. he will give you a discount.
mccutcheon4

Post by mccutcheon4 »

Chubby Johnson ? Just kidding. Wilber, I will continue the wheel conversation over in the Chit Chat area, as it's off topic here.

Thanks for all the Transfercase information, I half way understand what's what now.

One question though, Wilber you said Nobody made his NP435 to D20 adapter ? Is his combo is a divorced style transfercase ?
wilber

Post by wilber »

my understanding, is you use the stock d 20 adaptor off of a 3 speed in a eb. you cut it and weld it to a stock 435 adaptor.
wilber

Post by wilber »

http://www.broncoii4x4.com/dana20-21/dana20-dana21.php

im wrong, he used the advanced adaptors unit
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

if you use a stock 6 cyc manual/D20 adaptor from an EB and a adaptor plate you can make the D20 mate to a NP435... it is a tech. that EB guys use to get the NP435 into an EB. the plate can be bought fro around $250.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com