Happy Holidays from Tn.

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
TNMAN

Happy Holidays from Tn.

Post by TNMAN »

Thought I'd stop in and say HELLO to my BroII brethen while I was at home on R & R. I don't get to access this board much since our internet connection is ....sloooooooooooooooooow. Anyway.....Afghanistan is definitely different. Being in the southern part(very fitting for a Southern redneck like me) is somewhat exciting at times. I am an ETT...embedded trainer...for the Afghan Army. Yep, get to spend lotsa time with them. I hope everyone is having a great holiday...I know I am. I have to leave in about a week to finish out my tour. Until then ...I hope to get in a little wheelin. Again....HAPPY HOLIDAYS. :usa:
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Welcome Home! How much time do you have left? Seems like you've been deployed for a couple years now. Planning on Retiring soon?

Tell us about what's really going on over there....
TNMAN

Post by TNMAN »

I have about 6 months left on this deployment. Yes....I plan to retire in 06. I am getting too old to be tooling around in third world countries...HA HA HA HA HA!!!
It seems that Afghanistan has taken a back-seat in the media....but things are still dangerous over there. Land mines are a constant danger,,,whether intentional or unintentional, as are IED's. I have seen some pretty nasty things since Ive been there the past 6 months for sure. We have the M1114 armored hummers and they have ...without a doubt...saved lives. Even at that though....they cannot overcome double-stacked,command-detonated, anti-tank mines. Ugly.
Some areas in Afghanistan are relatively stable, but after you get away from the major cities...well, the best way I can describe it to you is that its like the wild west. No control, no law,......every man for hisself.
I will have to leave in about 7 days. I am not looking forward to that, but I have a job to do there. I am proud of what I /we are doing and I think that what we are doing is making a difference. :usa:
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

So what about your job here?

6 more, it's all down hill now. You'll be home in no time. Keep your head down. :usa:
Steve G

Post by Steve G »

I'd say Happy Holidays to you and glad that you are safely back. But DBrown will just erase me. Take care on you next trip over there and keep your head down.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

sorry about that........good to hear you are still around. stay safe!
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Happy Holidays everyone. TNMAN be careful. Your doing a good thing over there. Thank you for the job you do. :usa:

(SteveG do you want to erase Dbrown's message to make up for yours? :finger: )
Steve G

Post by Steve G »

I don't think so. Never know he may have a spare LS.