Short ram intake

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Reinforcements

Short ram intake

Post by Reinforcements »

Is there anyone out there that can tell me how to get a short ram intake for my b2? Is it a custom job or is there a place you can buy them?
Risky Bidness

Post by Risky Bidness »

ive only ever seen custom ones, ive looked for a kit that you can buy but never found one, but its really simple to make one yourself, i myslef havent made one but have seen it done
'88 BII
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

are you talking about one that just comes off the motor and and has a cone filter?
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
B2JAY

ram air intake

Post by B2JAY »

I heard a while back, you could use the one from certain year dodge neons. 95 I think was the year but I'm not sure.
sailor45

Post by sailor45 »

easy fix go to the junk yard find the style intake you want from another car. i used a piece of climate ducting to make mine then i took that off and made a home made snorkel out of pvc pipe
i used to have a 87 wrangler but i broke it everywhere i went so i got a 89 b2 and i can't stop this thing.
Reinforcements

Post by Reinforcements »

so could I just remove the top portion of the air filter box and just bolt on a cone filter to the end of the existing intake hose, or is there more to it than that?
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

The probelm with the cone filter is that it will be more susceptable to sucking up water.If you are going to all the trouble to reroute your intake you might as well build a snorkel. BTW a replacement K&N filter works just fine.
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

you will get more performance out of a stock replacement K&N then a cone under the hood.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
madmaxb2

Post by madmaxb2 »

snorkel it. :idea:
Risky Bidness

Post by Risky Bidness »

get a cold air for a 95 neon, and do a 58mm throttle body swap, more power than the K&N :)
'88 BII