302 in b2 what axles should i use

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
daniel haire

302 in b2 what axles should i use

Post by daniel haire »

i have a 1984 b2 and im putting a 302 in it and i need to no wut axles should i use for it or should i keep the same ones
i dot no wut this is
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Well I would say dana44 front and 8.8 or 9" rear. Or if you want to go hardcore go dana 60 rear.

If you want just easy swap but beef to handle the V8 and arent too concerned with wheeling, swap in Exploder D35 and 8.8.
OCD4B2

Post by OCD4B2 »

I agree a dana 35 and an 8.8 would be an easy and great swap in for the axles. I know the 7.5 rear can take some what of the horse power and torque of the 302, but not for too long. It can only be made stronger with a locker. THE DANA 28 (your front end) WILL NOT TAKE IT TOO WELL! Personally I would suggest a dana 44 and a Ford 9" from an early Bronco for handling this kinda problem. Thay are closest to stock width and handle a really good amount of power normally, and if they are built up. This is one of the best and easiest options for a good drivetrain (I am of course doing this swap :D ). But if you wanna go hardcore there is always a dana 60 rear and a dana 44 front combo. But with that you'll have to go full width. Otherwise you'll have to do what nobody did, a complete modification of the dana 60 and/or 44. LAST BUT NOT LEAST! You'll have the option of front and rear dana 60's. Thats just too much for me, but are strong as hell. You have a lot of options. Just go look through all of them :D
230,000 miles and she still turns heads