Fire Damage Recovered :)

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
Dreded

Fire Damage Recovered :)

Post by Dreded »

Well I finally got the new '90 BII going again if you remember I had that engine fire on the day of its first test drive after the 5.0 Swap. I couldnt find another wireing harness to modify so i ended up re-using the fire damaged one and splicing in all the burnt out sections.

I ended up replacing The Brake Booster, All the fuel lines, all the vacuum lines, Distibutor, Carb, Airfilter and housing, Heater Box, Ignition Module, Ignition Coil, Alot of wiring, Rad/Windowasher Resevoir, Driver side Plastic Fender thingie, and lots of other odds and ends.

and after all that its back together and running although I seem to have a vacuum leak or something cause it idles AWSOME but as soon as i give 'er some gas it runs like crap. Ill figure it out here soon tho.

just thought id let everyone know its running again. If you wanna see pictures of the fire aftermath look here:

http://broncoii.dredx.com/fire/
4x4'ers Eat More Bush!
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Right on man... glad you're back on the road. I know a lot of people would have given up.
broncoo

Post by broncoo »

good to hear that sucks you had a fire