Got in a fight with a machete

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
Nobody

Got in a fight with a machete

Post by Nobody »

I lost :laugh: :redneck:
Attachments
P6150014 (Small).JPG
P6150014 (Small).JPG (26.22 KiB) Viewed 2999 times
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I was expecting a severed limb! :finger:
Now lets hear it.
marinebroncoii

Post by marinebroncoii »

I worked at a Christmas tree farm for two years trimming them all summer and saw some pretty nasty stuff. We used machetes with a foot and a half blade and a foot and a half long handle. We kept them really sharp and some people couldn't swing them right. for the tops of trees we had a little 4x4 kubota with a cage on it to be able to drive between close trees without getting drug through the branches, then there was someone else on top on a platform, then for the taller trees there was a tower that hung off the back of the tractor about 10 feet high. The worst I did was tear up the toes of my steel toed boots. Other people would take chunks off their leg from grazing it, or just a deep 5 inch long cut. We would always pull fresh pine cones (while they are still wet and green) and push the tip of our machete into it and then us it like a sling shot by hitting the blade sideways on one hand while holding the handle with the other. You could really pelt someone and I got my aim down pretty good to be able to hit someone for a good distance. On day the blade was angled a little toward my hand though and left a somewhat deep cut across my palm.
8-9" susp, 3" body lift, 39.5x16 TRXUS STS, 342 stroker, C6, NP205, D44HD mini spool-coil sprung, D60 limited slip, 4.88s
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Phillippi wrote:I was expecting a severed limb! :finger:
Now lets hear it.
I was out back clearing my trails. I was cutting overhead and somehow hit my leg :confused: I think I was getting tired. The tip actually stuck in and I had to pull it out. :redneck: It's pretty deep. I'm surprised it wasn't bleeding more.
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

LOL :laugh:
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Update! - I wish my truck could repair itself! :idea: Wish they'd get up to speed with that nano technology.
Attachments
5 days
5 days
P6200002 (Small).JPG (27.58 KiB) Viewed 2929 times
2 days
2 days
P6170002 (Small).JPG (27.36 KiB) Viewed 2929 times
OCD4B2

Post by OCD4B2 »

oh god thats disgusting..... the last two are worse thatn the first :puke:
I only like throwing blades at sh*t, but yea cutting your leg sucks :D
230,000 miles and she still turns heads
marinebroncoii

Post by marinebroncoii »

That's disgusting? You have been sheltered poor child. None of those pics are a hundredth of what I have seen. Being a marine I am a little brain washed about blood and guts not being anything to make a fuss over, but even before I joined I wasn't grossed out by anything, when a pair of hedge clippers tears intod of your finger things get ugly, but I just stuffed everything that was hanging out back in the end of my finger and bandaged it up with a paper towel and electric tape and went back to work. I grew up without my parents have medical insurance until recently and we bought a condemned house and re built the whole thing for the inside out. Months of work with power tools and construction injuries are more than likely going to happen, and did, but electric tape heals all.
8-9" susp, 3" body lift, 39.5x16 TRXUS STS, 342 stroker, C6, NP205, D44HD mini spool-coil sprung, D60 limited slip, 4.88s
COWBOY6

Post by COWBOY6 »

If the sight of blood makes you a little light headed, it is a good thing you don't have my job.

Navy Corpsman attached to the Marines

that really is not that bad. deep? but workable. have seen and sewn a lot worse that that. I have had to close facial wounds from bar fights that make that look like a splinter. Lots of blood. I'll see if I can find some picts.
It only hurts when the bone starts to show, so walk it off.

http://members.cardomain.com/cowboy6
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Yeah...it's not that deep. I was just showing off how stupid I am. :laugh:

BTW- I took piece of shrapnel through my cheek. Always been rather fond of that scar.
COWBOY6

Post by COWBOY6 »

did it go all the way through, or was it a surface laceration.

the ones that go all the way through suck. Not just for the injured pareson, but the one that has to close it. Did you get referd out to see a plastic surgeon?

The Navy has been known to do that if the scaring requires it.

Doc

Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Yep all the way through for about 1/8". The cut went from an inch from my mouth to my ear. It spit open wide! I didn't feel a thing. No stitches, just a butterfly bandage. The scar is pretty subtle now.

I've never had stitches. Although I'm sure I could have used them a number of times.
COWBOY6

Post by COWBOY6 »

Good to hear minimal scaring.

the saying of Chicks dig scars.... only gets you so far.

Question..

do you know of anybody that needs parts?

I have a 1987 ranger that I am parting out. Still has all the running gear and 2.9L, fm 145 and 1350. Cab is resting on frame, but not bolted down.

I have the fenders off already cause a guy backed out of the deal.
the interior has been taken out. Still have the dash, just not int he truck (another deal gone wrong)

Dana 28 and welded 7.5

Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Don't know anyone that needs parts. BII's are everywhere in the pull-a-parts around here.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Repairing itself nicely..... and no...I'm not picking the scabs off, I'm using these hi-tech bandages my wife told me to use :puke: :puke:
Attachments
9 days
9 days
P6240002 (Small).JPG (33.65 KiB) Viewed 2859 times