Neutral Starting Switch

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
OCD4B2

Neutral Starting Switch

Post by OCD4B2 »

Ok I have this same post back on the ORG but I was wondering if you guys can do the same for me and help me out. I'm doing the A4LD to FM145 so I wanna know this one. There is no connection for the NPS so I have to find a way to deal with it. Here was my post:

Ok I looked in my faithful chilton and guess what I found, no wiring diagrams for a 1990 2.9 liter :wtf: ? I am hella pissed, all that was there was ranger/bronco II/explorer 4.0L and ranger/broncoII 3.0......This makes no F**KEN SENSE TO ME :mad2: ! But here I looked at the wires and this is the colors that I got:

Red w/blue stripe
Red w/white stripe
Purple w/orange stripe
Black w/purple stripe
And one Pink wire (I will say that it looked really inbetween, looked like pink but looked a little orange)

:mad:
230,000 miles and she still turns heads
Dreded

Post by Dreded »

Take a piece of wire and cross the two red ones on the clutch switch(looking at the clutch there is a blACK SLEEVE THAT GOES OVER IT WITH 5 WIRES RUNNING INTO IT disconnect the harness) and then you should have the two red wires you want to cross :D
4x4'ers Eat More Bush!
OCD4B2

Post by OCD4B2 »

Ok thats what I figured it was going to be, someone back on the ORG told me that same friggen thing. Yea seems kinda obvious, reds seem to go together. Well ok, thanks dreded! Looks like its becoming a "Me help you, and you return the favor" type of deal. Thanx bro! :D
230,000 miles and she still turns heads