Ok car stereo people

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
Nobody

Ok car stereo people

Post by Nobody »

I'm completely out of the loop. Are most the CD players pretty resistant to vibration these days? I just want something cheap, no amp required, but mp3 capability would be cool.

Any suggestions?
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

I just got a Alpine CD for $139.00. Most of the new CD's are pretty good about a typical drive down a rough rural road. You can get 50 watts per channel peak, on the deck, that drive a set of 8 inch truck boxes pretty good. They have come along way since my first on in 1990. Sony makes a quality deck also. What is it for, the old horse?
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
offroadohio

Post by offroadohio »

I got a 50 dollar walmar tone that we use wheeling, doesnt skip to often, only over the hard bumps... no mp3 though
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Yeah, I need some tunes for the summer cruising.

Do they make radios that take memory cards? That would be sweet, and it would solve the CD skip problem.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

I got the walmart special too around christmas and mine plays MP3's. like $60 I think nothing special just enough to play some dead and the radio :cool:
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

I haven't seen one that will play the memory card yet. But some radio's have RCA inputs that you could wire in a I-POD or something like that caliber for hours and hours of skip free music. I don't know what quality of sound you are going for. But not to dis the Walmart specials, you will difinetly get better sound at higher volume with the more expensive radio. Especailly if you are rolling around with no top on in traffic. The Sony in the brown thing that I drive is 50 X 4 and I am running MTX truck boxes with 8" subs in them. It is loud enough to hear over the tires and duel exhaust when the top is off. If you need help with install let me know. I have been building systems since 1988.
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
Dreded

Radio

Post by Dreded »

There are also quite a few companies out there that make radios designed for offroading. Just search google im sure there are ones that play memory cards also.
4x4'ers Eat More Bush!
bigswede

Post by bigswede »

Boy someones reading my mail. I`ve been pondering this subject a while myself.. :eek:
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I really like the idea of a memory card radio. I think I'd be willing to spend a few extra dollars for that. Only problem is I expect it to get stolen :mad:

I'm not too concerned with quality, as I wouldn't know it if I heard it. I just want something louder than the road noise.

How much do those I-pod thingers cost?
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I-pods are in the $250-350 range depending on what size you get. Just get a decent cd-player that will play mp3s so you can have like 200 songs on a CD.
PHROX

Post by PHROX »

just keep your stock head unit (If you have it) and buy a belkin FM tansmitter and a cheapo 256 mb or somthing mp3 palyer. and maybe a ciggaret lighter thing to power it. that would be the super promo cheep way to go for nonskip music on the trail.

My 2 Cents
1987 Bronco2, d44/9" locked, sweet paint job. Now with available 5.0