Pinion angles

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
OCD4B2

Pinion angles

Post by OCD4B2 »

How the hell will I do them?

I'm gonna be adding a four inch lift later on this ummer when a job comes, and I really have to know how to adjust pinion angles. I got a 90 B2 with a 7.5 rear and I think a 35 front, so its common stuff. Will I have to completely remove center section or differential for adjustment? :hmmm:
230,000 miles and she still turns heads
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

Since the front is a high pinion you should'nt have to worry about the angle. Some rear lift blocks come with the proper angle cut into them. If not you will have to get some wedges that sandwich inbetween the axle and the lift block. Almost all the lifts with the wedges, I have seen them walk out (or twist) from their origninal location. I don't recommend them. Try to get the angled block. My pro-comp lift came with those.
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

The best way IMO is to cut the perches off and reweld them where they need to be.
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

EBSTEVE wrote:The best way IMO is to cut the perches off and reweld them where they need to be.
Yep have to agree not too hard if you have a welder.
You're right, I DON'T understand that Jeep thing ;)
mekcanix

Post by mekcanix »

all i did was put in longer shackels that i made easy enough
Its a Bronco II thing............EVEN WE DONT UNDERSTAND
85 bronc modded up a bit
Exhauster

Post by Exhauster »

PINION ANGLES SHOULD BE OK WITH A 4".... KITS USUALLY COME WITH WEDGED BLOCK FOR THE REAR
Give a call for a special price on brake or exhaust work Exhaust Tech 253-333-7200
OCD4B2

Post by OCD4B2 »

Yea I saw the angled blocks and liked it as a "for now...." use :D , but i might just mess with the springs later. Are u shure that the front will be ok as is, because that makes it even better...
230,000 miles and she still turns heads
Exhauster

Post by Exhauster »

my 86 BII has a 4" lift with stock front driveline and it's fine.... have you got a kit yet? if not, we can get you a screaming deal on a rough country kit.... comes with lowered pitman arm, and shocks
Give a call for a special price on brake or exhaust work Exhaust Tech 253-333-7200