out playing with the bronco

Been wheelin? Got pics? Share your Bronco II adventure with the rest of us.
Rockcrawler

out playing with the bronco

Post by Rockcrawler »

well i finaly got the full hydro setup and air bags done. So i went out and played in the mud a little bit and then climbed up some stumps and rocks.
Attachments
Picture010.jpg
Picture010.jpg (61.78 KiB) Viewed 3601 times
Picture008.jpg
Picture008.jpg (48.39 KiB) Viewed 3601 times
Picture005.jpg
Picture005.jpg (52.2 KiB) Viewed 3600 times
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

:cool:

So.... Are you happy yet?
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

ha never i will never stop plaing with the suspension. I will see how i like the bags and then i might setup the bags so i can change the PSI from inside. I might go to the back side next time around thats were the most help is needed. But its going to stay this way for about a year because im going to go to the police acadamy in november so i wont have any money.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Wow.... Police academy... good for you. I hope it works out.

The building never stops. I'm just amazed how fast you make changes. I'm happy with my Bronco, except the body is literally coming apart at the seams. I hope to start over again this year. Of course this time I already have all the parts!
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

I just like playing around with new ideas im never happy and i get a new idea popping into my mind all the time and the bronco is my test subject. I love building new things. So far i do have to agree i liked the coils alot.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Nice pics. Your truck just keeps getting better.

As far as Police Academy, well thats good. Just be ready for most everyone hating you. LOL. Good luck.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

Damn Rock freakin awesome.... :cool: i can t wait till i get my junk together. i need to vote for you this year so we can see that bad boy in action. good luck in the academy im thinking of becoming a C.O when i get out in a couple more years. i've been getting influenced by a marine buddy of mine.
Phillippi Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:35 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just be ready for most everyone hating you. LOL.
dude we dont hate you we just misunderstand you... lol :finger:
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

how much flex did you gain in the front?

it looks like you got more out of the coils...maybe it is just the angles I am seeing the truck from.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

I lost some flex but the truck is way way more stable! i used to be able to push the truck from side to side and almost tauch my tires to the finder now i cant even budge the truck and i dont feel so fat when i get in (the truck doesnt learch to my side) It also flexs pretty good so far. it will compress all the way down and there is still some more drop but i have to out better limiting straps on there so i can get the drop setup to the right hight. The bags have 8 inches of travel.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

how do you limit the bags from going to low or over full? do you have individual controls for each wheel or do you allow air to float inbetween the bags?

I have been looking at this setup, but the controls have still not realy been explained well.

Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

you dont limit the bags from to low of pressure or over filling they are just like your tires you put a certain PSI in them when your on level ground and you run around with them like that. If i like them i will plumb them up so i can push more air in one bag and drop the air in another with gadges on each side. this will give me alot of control over the truck. I need to limit the downward travel on the suspension because if i dont the bags will pull apart. the bags have built in bump stops so i dont have to put any of those. Hope this dieagrame helps you under stand what i was think.
Attachments
airsetup.JPG
airsetup.JPG (25.51 KiB) Viewed 3492 times
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

so every time you go over something you have to adjust the suspension to flex?

Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

nope it runs like normal coils but you can change the rate of the spring. Its like having the abblitlty to change you coils from soft to stiff in a second! you can also push one side up to keep the truck level.