picked up my first b2

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
no v8? why drive?

picked up my first b2

Post by no v8? why drive? »

Well I finally did it, I bought a bii. :laugh: After being a ranger rearanger for a decade or so I took the short wheel base route and picked up a 86 from Michael AK Gross over at my other home, therangerstation.com. I have a ton of spare parts laying around from all the rangers over the years and it already has a duff 3.5 suspention on it. I will throw in a T/L 8.8, some 30s, maybe a 2" body lift, and a lock rite in the front and I will see if it cant put my roomates XJ to shame. I figured id better move up to 33s but ive already got the 30 m/ts laying around. What do you all think?

87 4X4 Ranger 306ci AOD NP205 fw d44/8.8 5.13s
94 4x4 Navajo 8" lift
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

Glad you saw the light. Welcome!
You're right, I DON'T understand that Jeep thing ;)
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

ahh...brings back some memories when mine was stock......
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

thats funny i was looking at that the other day becuase i really want to pick up a stock rig again. (dreams only) good buy cant wait to see what you do to it.
JCinTN

Post by JCinTN »

Hey man congrats on the BII purchase. I hang out at TRS as well, saw Michael's truck was for sale, and thought your name looked familiar from over there. I can imagine he kept that thing in pretty good shape. I have a BII as well, still in stock form and have been over here on this board off and on between deployments. I have learned alot here and have gathered some ideas for future mods but my truck hasn't been cut on (yet...lol). I am still not sure whether I want to mod the Ranger or the BII yet...if I go with the Ranger I guess I might be needing some of your help since you have been there, done that already, lol. Anyways, I am sure you'll love the BII, and post pics of the inevitable mods that are to come!
no v8? why drive?

ya I was getting tired of only being able to take 1 person with me, although it was nice to have a full bed for all the stuff. I cant say which would be better to fix up, I guess its the one you care less about taking the paint off on trees and stuff. Rangers tend to flex better due to the seperate bed and cab, but b2's have the wheelbase advantage... This b2 is basically a trail only vechile, which was why I bought it. It just has to stay legal enough to get me to the trails. I have a ranger for a trailer queen that can crawl its way up a brick wall. My roomate just bought another beater xj :puke: so we will be all over the woods if any of you guys make it over to the east side of washington you are welcome to join us.
94 4x4 Navajo 8" lift
My little pony

Post by My little pony »

My wife has a XJ and I must say my bronco II will go more places and over more rocks then the XJ. We both have 4" of lift but hers hits rocks that I just drive over. I don't drive the XJ off road it's not as much fun.
God forgives, Rocks Don't.
no v8? why drive?

tell that to my roommate, he has a thing with XJ's. The 4.0 I6 is a torquey engine but man what a pain to work on. A water pump replacement is like a weekend job.... I do like the solid axle front setup tho once you ditch the vacuum disconnect for a cable one.
94 4x4 Navajo 8" lift
My little pony

Post by My little pony »

A good freind of mine welded his diff in the front and uses the disco as a air locker so he can turn. Cheep mod
God forgives, Rocks Don't.
no v8? why drive?

ya i have seen that alot. A $140 cable dissconnet is alot cheaper than a $500 detroit or even a $230 lock rite
94 4x4 Navajo 8" lift