drop brackets

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
NMB2

drop brackets

Post by NMB2 »

whats up everyone, im new here....i just bought my 84 Bronco II about a month ago, i have 2" add-a-leafs and 2" lift blocks and i have just bought some 4" superlift coils. i know i will need to get drop brackets for the beams but they are hella expensive and basically all my money went to buying the rig and the other parts of the lift. wondering if anyone had some laying around they would let go of cheap or gimme some tips on making some, i was thinking about useing the mounting plates of mine and just welding on longer ears to drop them. anyone got some pointers for me? also im looking for a passenger side outter shaft if any one has one for a D28 layin around. will be doing a D35 swap as soon as money allows but for right now im stuck with this and mine is pretty messed up. :D
i wish my lawn was emo...so it'd cut itself.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I wouldn't recommend making your own drop brackets. Even the HD aftermarket brackets crack after awhile.

Unfortunately, your alternatives to drop brackets would be, cut and turned beams, and extended radius arms. Not exactly cheap.

Save your pennies until you can do it right. We've all been there.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I have d28 shafts ( 1complete set and 1 almost comlete set) for sale cheap. PM mefor info.

for info & pics http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/sho ... hp?t=14039