Body Change

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Dreded

Body Change

Post by Dreded »

I was wondering if anyone has done a body switch from a BroncoII to a Regular Cab Rnager I am wanting to take the BII body off and just replace it with a ranger cab

What I want to know is if anyone knows if all the body mounts on the cab portion is the same on both vehicles ones a '87 Ranger Reg. Cab the other is a '86 BroncoII broken cab :)
4x4'ers Eat More Bush!
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

from what I have heard the ranger cab mounts at the back of the cab conflict with the leaf hanger. but I would just fab a new bracket if that is what you want to run. that would look realy cool if you ran the ranger cab and a flat bed.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Dreded

Flatbed

Post by Dreded »

Yep thats the Plan Super short ranger with a flatbed :) I really like the wheelbase of the BII's otherwise id just use the ranger as it is and put a flatbed on that
4x4'ers Eat More Bush!
Exhauster

Post by Exhauster »

why not use the ranger cab and shorten the ranger box to fit what's left of the bronco frame? that woud be cool..... ranger with a 4' box
Dreded

Ranger box

Post by Dreded »

because i dont have an extra box :)
4x4'ers Eat More Bush!
Exhauster

Post by Exhauster »

option 2 would be to graft the rear clip from the bronco to the back of the ranger cab... i was considering doing that to mine, but decided that with all the rain we get around here that keeping the back dry is more important