Rockwells in a B2?

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
tbam

Rockwells in a B2?

Post by tbam »

Anybody seen or heard of this? Thinking of doing it and stretching my wheelbase a bit.???
This is it right now.
Attachments
05_05.JPG
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

I have not seen any pic or writups......but if you had the knowledge to do the full width SAS I would assume that you could just apply the same concepts. picking coils or leafs, figuring out the steering angles, setting pinion angle, caster, and breaks. I would like to know if the axles are passenger side drop or driver. as long as you have the info on the axle I would think that it would just be a mater of getting a working plan and thinking it threw completely before gutting everything. if we can help with anything please let us know I would like to see it done.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

i was going to do this till i got my dana 60 front. you will want two front axles to do this sense they dont turn as much as a reagular axle. You will have to lift it pretty high (9 inches or so) to clear the top loader and will have to have bump stops to keep it from taking a chunk out of your oil pan. To run links will be pretty easy because they have squar tubes which makes life a little easyer. These things wiegh alot so take that into consideration. I would run links front and rear because they really dont like leafs (lots of axle wrap unless you put mondo springs in there) you will also have to put at least 44's on there to get back up to high way speeds but if you dont plan on driveing on the road then you can go smaller. I would love to see it done and was going to do it but got a good deal on a 60. If you have any Q? i can try to help you out and toss around ideas.
tbam

Post by tbam »

We put rocks under the s10 with leafs all around. He runs 40's and can run 55 or 60 but trailors it most of the time. I was thinking leaves in the rear and some sort of radius arm setup with coils.