ROLL CAGE

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
fullsizebronc

Post by fullsizebronc »

give me a couple days and ill swow post them.
im in the middle of putting a straight axle in the front of my 80' full size so ill have lots of pics shortly. ill post a new topic titled "straight axle conversion" it will have alot of pics.
TNMAN

Post by TNMAN »

fullsizebronc wrote:give me a couple days and ill swow post them.
im in the middle of putting a straight axle in the front of my 80' full size so ill have lots of pics shortly. ill post a new topic titled "straight axle conversion" it will have alot of pics.
I already have straight axle(h.p. D44 full width) under my BroII. Presently have 96" wheelbase..soon to be 101". Would you like too see pix? :cool:
fullsizebronc

Post by fullsizebronc »

SURE . I WRISTED MY ARM, LOCKED UP THE DIFF,6" SUPERFLEX CIOLS , NEW EDELBROCK ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS,THE 78 44 IS NOW COMPLETLY REBULT SITTING ON 38 SWAMPERS TSL , JUST WAITN FOR THE DAMN ADJ. TRACK BAR TO COME. ITS BEEN TWO WEEKS ALREADY. I WENT WITH THE 4 DEGREE C BUSHINGS SO I CAN RUN THE STOCK ARM MOUNTS INSTEAD OF DROP BRACKETS THAT GET IN THE WAY . I CANT WAIT TO GET THIS BABY IN.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

i thought it was 7* bushing's without drop brakets and 4* with. im running 4* on my rig and i have the drop bracket's.
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

fullsizebronc what are you doing with your TTB?
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

FatMan wrote:i thought it was 7* bushing's without drop brakets and 4* with. im running 4* on my rig and i have the drop bracket's.
I'm using 7degree without the drop brackets too.
You're right, I DON'T understand that Jeep thing ;)
fullsizebronc

Post by fullsizebronc »

its probably going to get scraped withe the other one i have . i have two. they both have 4" lift backets too. one rancho, and one trailmaster.
you can run 4 degree and stock arms just fine. its temp anyways cause im soon going to place a large hyme joint on the end of the arm instead of a bushing. Any thoughts?
i think it will give a better travel with out having a bushing that binds up and twists.
fullsizebronc

Post by fullsizebronc »

they are also both 1/2 44 ttbs out of my fullsize broncos.3.5 gears
fullsizebronc

Post by fullsizebronc »

high pinion
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

cool if your just gonna junk the ttb i'll take them off your hand's if it's cool. i gotta a buddy who can pick them up. mainly looking for the ttb arms diff side and knuckle out stuff.

on the radius arm stuff i think i mentioned it, but if not i think rock stomper makes exstended radius arm pieces and you can get them with heim or without. they just screw on the end of your stock arm and you weld the end to the arm. if i can find a link i'll post it up.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

if you can't find a link to that I maybe able to hook you up with a link from squattyd over a FSB.com. he made some nice extended arms with heims on the end.....it looked pretty simple.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
fullsizebronc

Post by fullsizebronc »

im going to keep everyting from the nuckle out. ican use the whole hub and roator assembly on the strait axle for spair parts . you cab have the rest though. give me some time to get them out and i let you know. im still wait ing for that track bar and i decided to order a pair of super flex coils. as far as shocks go im still undesided.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

DBrown is right that was the same link i had i mind. anyway is stonecrusher not rock stomper. SquattyD made these for the rear of his fullsize rig and they got BEEF!!!!! you dont have to box the whole arm though but, you'll probably never have to worry about them again if you do.

http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21495
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

if I were going to extend my arms that is the rought I would go. his are realy tuff.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
fullsizebronc

Post by fullsizebronc »

ok i checked out his arms on fsb and i think he is going to run into problems. those arms are way to heavy now and he used a little tiny hyme joint that looks like it belongs on a childs battery powered toy truck.
he went through more work than he neede to. i made my wristed arm and then plated the driverside to add strength and make it look the same. there is no reason to make them longer if you have a wristed arm and hyme joints. if you look at the photo of his arm next to the james duff arms you can see the diffrence in weight and the size of the hyme joint. no thanks ill stick with what i got goin. :finger: