lift kit

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
89b24x4project

lift kit

Post by 89b24x4project »

ok i want a good all around lift kit so i can run on my deer lease its got rocks and ditches hills and lots of mud how high should i go and what brand i want a good all around ride but wanna be able to have fun ??????
thanks for your time
matt
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Anything less than a Dana44 and you're wasting money. As I've said many many times, for the price of a decent lift "kit", you can have 6+ inches of lift AND a solid axle.

Otherwise, skyjacker is probably your best bet.
89b24x4project

Post by 89b24x4project »

ok i need a quick run down on what i need to get to put a 6 inch lift on my truck in other words what would you guys go cuase im not really fimilar with my b II

Post by Guest »

Hey, my set up is perfect for my freinds ranch. Go 6" suspension with 33" tires. Its your choice if you want all terains, mud terrains, or boggers... or whatever. I, personaly, am going to go with a 15x12.50 wheel and tires to match so I dont roll! other than getting the lift kit you may want to replace your u joints on your axle or talk to people about posibly lengthning your driveshaft.
MXjunk127

Post by MXjunk127 »

Anonymous wrote:Hey, my set up is perfect for my freinds ranch. Go 6" suspension with 33" tires. Its your choice if you want all terains, mud terrains, or boggers... or whatever. I, personaly, am going to go with a 15x12.50 wheel and tires to match so I dont roll! other than getting the lift kit you may want to replace your u joints on your axle or talk to people about posibly lengthning your driveshaft.
I didnt log in :eek: That posts mine!
Skin and Bones Motorsports.com
88' 4x4 6" SL, 33" TSL Radials

Post by Guest »

How do you guys feel about James Duff suspension kits? Just curious. I've been looking too and trying to decide which to get. I was almost sold on a BDS suspension until I considered doing it myself. I think I'll give it a try - which brings me to either Skyjacker or James Duff.
nettak

Post by nettak »

Anonymous wrote:How do you guys feel about James Duff suspension kits? Just curious. I've been looking too and trying to decide which to get. I was almost sold on a BDS suspension until I considered doing it myself. I think I'll give it a try - which brings me to either Skyjacker or James Duff.
Ok, that was me this time. :hmmm:
A woman and her truck! It's a beautiful thing.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

from what I have heard the Duff kits are ok. I went with the rough country kit. it was cheaper, and it does ok but it is still a TTB lift. the TTB springs are stiffer then the soild axle springs so they don't flex as well. if you want it to be nice and loose you might want to try the jeep spring swap from a D30 solid axle. McDerry from TRS and he used to be here did the swap and it looked like he got some lift also. I would recommend going to dual shocks if you do this though because it makes the suspension way loose! also don't forget your break lines, they don't come with most lift kits.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
89b24x4project

Post by 89b24x4project »

ok if i go with a d44 in the front should i change the axel in the back

if i sound like im an idiot just ignore this post
foxfan

Post by foxfan »

you don't have to, but it's a good idea. you can always do it later if you need to save time and/or money.

makes it nice to have same exact width and same bolt patterns too.
i did a search and looked through the threads and still didn't find what i needed!