D-20 T-case, emergency brake kit....

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Bob

D-20 T-case, emergency brake kit....

Post by Bob »

ok SICK of the stock emergency brake cable problems, and rear brake problems. Time to dump the drums for disk brakes.
Im looking for info for the kit to mount a disk brake to a D-20 t-case for the emergency brake.
Anyone help me on this one?
Iv seen kits, but not when I need one :(
www.mybronco2.com
"Silly boys, Jeeps are for girls"
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

the only one I know of is at http://www.allprooffroad.com/brakes.htm Toyota stuff or http://www.off-road.com/suzuki/reviews/traxebrake.htm 'Zuki stuff. Unaware of any other kits. I think some guys use motorcycle front rotors and fab 'em up themselves.
You're right, I DON'T understand that Jeep thing ;)
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

You mean one of these?

Bob

Post by Bob »

Yippy!
Thats the ticket!
Who, where, and how much?
Iv seen a kit someware in the $200 range, but thats not including the rear output yoke, but they said they modify the stock unit for FREE if you send it to them. Not like I cant to this at work.
Its this or built the whole setup, but I do it everyday, and no time for my crap. As is Im on vacation, and SHOULD be wheelin NOW, but NOOOO Im doing all the maintenance thats a year overdue...balljoints, wheel bearings, etc.
Now its time for that damn exhause leak....Hey Matt, what headers you using, and can you get the the spark plugs, and starter without it being a all day project? AND THANK YOU!
www.mybronco2.com
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

That's a http://www.highangledriveline.com/ kit. I'm pretty sure none of us can afford it. Although it does come with a new HD output shaft.

That's the guy that gives away the free shafts on pirate. Might be worth a call, maybe he can set you with some of the pieces instead of the whole kit.

I'm using the kaufmann shorty headers. I'm still very very happy with them after 3+ years. No leaks, no loose bolts, nothing. I'm not even using a gasket, just hi-temp rtv. The plugs are easily accessible.

The starter is a tight fit. With my tranny, I had to grind a bit on my starter and just a hair on the collector flange. But a C4 shouldn't have any clearance issues. The starter is otherwise easy to change.

Depending on what motor mounts you used, there may be a clearance problem there. I used the kaufamann mounts.

So you're still working at the 4x shop?
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

Cool. Good find Nobody.
TNMAN

Re: D-20 T-case, emergency brake kit....

Post by TNMAN »

Bob wrote:ok SICK of the stock emergency brake cable problems, and rear brake problems. Time to dump the drums for disk brakes.
Im looking for info for the kit to mount a disk brake to a D-20 t-case for the emergency brake.
Anyone help me on this one?
Iv seen kits, but not when I need one :(
Have you considered a "line-lock"? Heck of a lot cheaper than ANY conversion.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I have and still may go that way, but the gear reduction from the axles, and the idea if 4 wheel e-brake(in 4x4) Plus the "Neet" factor...hehe
Iv seen a kit for around $200, without the heavy duty output shaft, but it has been a few years, and I beleave this is this kit. No pricing online, but Im going to call them here soon and will post the cost here for all to see.
www.mybronco2.com
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

Have you considered a "line-lock"? Heck of a lot cheaper than ANY conversion.
Do you have any info on this?? Thanks in advance.
username required

Post by username required »

87 B2 4x4 31's
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

will it still hold if ignition/ power turned off to vehicle?
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

why not just put it in gear?

or park?
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

:idea: LOL. Thanks DBrown. I suppose that might just work.
Bob

Post by Bob »

OK..
I just got off the phone.
The basic kit cost $269, BUT the kit avalible REQUIRES the 32 spline output shaft. Aprox $350 AND you need the $99 flange, AND 1350 driveline, AND...get the point?
The artical I read was pre production, and hasnt gone into production, and probibly wont. The kits IS avalible for the AII case and thats where it seams to have evolved. The reason why is peoples BITCH, "its not a bolt on" So he went with the AII setup knowing it wasnt a bolt on eather, and whoever gets a AII t-case understands whats involved with doing this type of mod.
Bottom line....
Build it, or dont.
He did say he would sell me the caliper and disk, for aprox $130, and the rest was up to me.....
www.mybronco2.com
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

Pull one off a nighthawk and fab it up yourself.