Brad's Junker

This is the place to Blog your buildup. If your Bronco II isn't in here, it should be!
Please, one topic per vehicle.
plowboy

Brad's Junker

Post by plowboy »

Here is my junker. 85 BII.
Attachments
brads truck.jpg
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

nice wheels!
You're right, I DON'T understand that Jeep thing ;)
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Thanks! They only look good from a distance. Can't keep the rust from coming thru the Chrome. I think last winter took it's toll on them.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
n9emz

Post by n9emz »

What are your plans for it?
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

6 inch superlift system, 302 swap, someday a SAS, 33x12.5x15 swamper TSLs, dump the auto and put in a manual, winch and lockers. I have an 86 ranger that I want to match everything that I do to the BII. That way me and all my boys can wheel together.
username required

Post by username required »

superlift doesnt have a 6" lift? 4.5" front and 4" rear
so hows that going to work?

Nice Junker :D
87 B2 4x4 31's
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Well I guess 4Wheel Parts must have some wrong info. They show a 4 or 6" lift for 84-89 BroncoII/Ranger at same price in their book. Guess it will be the 4.5. Unless I can afford a skyjacker.
Spark86

Post by Spark86 »

Well, that is not too bad, given that it only has a dent in the fender. Over here in Minnesota, they use too much salt on the roads in the winter. As a result, a lot of Bronco II's are rusty down here. I have a stock '86 Bronco II, and I have been combating rust. The rust is not too bad. It is just that I lack skill (I used pop-riveting and body filler. :frown: I need to learn how to weld and use a cutting torch, as we can all obviously see). I don't have money for such stuff, due to college.

Your "junker" looks pretty well compared to mine (I did a crappy spray-can paint job, of which I never finished, due to running out of time because of work. I didn't even get to put any clear coat on! :frown:

I need to do a lot of things with mine, as it is all stock, but I probably won't have time to do that until I am done with college (about 2 more years to go. :frown: ).
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Well, the rust is on the other side. It's all right. The floor is solid though. It looks a little more rough when you get up close.
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Guess I better post up the addition.
Attachments
P2070002.JPG
B2JAY

Lift

Post by B2JAY »

Skyjacker makes the 6in lift and kicks ass :tongue2:
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

My pipe dream would be to make them identical (same paint, wheels, lift etc.) so me and my 3 boys can have some fun. Just waitn on the $$ship to come in and workin my butt off in the mean time.
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

My pipe dream would be to make them identical (same paint, wheels, lift etc.) so me and my 3 boys can have some fun. Just waitn on the $$ship to come in and workin my butt off in the mean time.
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Guess I should update: The blue one got totaled sitting in front of my house. The Brown one my neighbor bought when I moved to Memphis.

So this is what I have now and would not trade it for the world. Hope to find another BII when I get moved to Branson in a few weeks.
Attachments
Brads 79.jpg