New to off-roading

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.

Post by Guest »

Hello. I know i posted this on the "ABS" topic but i figured since that question had been answered i didnt know if anyone had read mine. Im new to off-roading and i have a 1988 Bronco II 4x4 2.9L 5 speed-manual. What is the first thing you would recommend doing to it? I didnt have a clue and i found this website so i thought i could get some advice from people who actually had broncos. Thanks!
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

First, figure out how this bulletin board works.

Second, since you're new to offroading, don't do anything to your BII. They work well right out of the box. Certainly beyond your offroad skill. As you gain experience, you'll know the mods you need to do.

3rd, Ask specific questions and you'll get specific answers.
Dreded

Post by Dreded »

And 4th Nobody is really a nice guy :) he omnly sounds like a dick in that post :)
4x4'ers Eat More Bush!

Post by Guest »

Its alright. Thanks for the info. I like the website.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Nobody wrote:First, figure out how this bulletin board works.

Second, since you're new to offroading, don't do anything to your BII. They work well right out of the box. Certainly beyond your offroad skill. As you gain experience, you'll know the mods you need to do.

3rd, Ask specific questions and you'll get specific answers.
He doesnt sound like a Dick he sounds like he has said that about 1000 times. I agree with Nobody completely. Mess around with 4x4ing and your b2 will tell you what she needs... :D
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

heh....I kinda was being a dick. :laugh:

But the Guest posted the same question under two other unrelated threads.

I stand by response though without being a dick. :tongue2:
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Damn you guys are way too nice. That sounds like everyday talk to me!!!
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

As you gain experience, you'll know the mods you need to do.
as you get it stuck and play a little you will find out that more aggressive tires are a good upgrade because like Nobody said it is ready to wheel right out of the box. I would start with some 30's and go from their.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com

Post by Guest »

Alright. Yeah i think it would be the best thing to do, that is play around with it some before i start putting money into it. Im only 16 so i dont have that much money to begin with. Thanks.
PHROX

Post by PHROX »

I would recomend a light bar and a new paint, because obviously you are into looks and not functionality.....

Hows that for too nice......?
1987 Bronco2, d44/9" locked, sweet paint job. Now with available 5.0

Post by Guest »

It was just painted not too long ago...probably about a year ago. Its not in bad shape and it runs good. It really doesnt need any body work.
foxfan

Post by foxfan »

save yourself!

stop posting!
i did a search and looked through the threads and still didn't find what i needed!

Post by Guest »

Alright. Thanks.