SOLVED-ish : How much arc in OEM leaf springs while installed?

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Dustin_Oregon

SOLVED-ish : How much arc in OEM leaf springs while installed?

Post by Dustin_Oregon »

Hi,

Replaced my leaf springs with a new pair of dorman springs, but now they’re laying completely flat. No upward flex. If anything, this spring is bent slightly down before it connects to the rear shackle.

I’m wanting to verify that these new springs are junk. Can you give me an idea of how much arc your OEM springs have just sitting in the truck? Possibly a picture? I just assume that the OEM springs would still flex upward a couple inches at least overall…

Thanks!
Last edited by Dustin_Oregon on Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dustin_Oregon

Re: How much arc in OEM leaf springs while installed?

Post by Dustin_Oregon »

Ok, I figured out the problem. 1989 b2’s are the only year where the J spring code is an option. This spring — 929-206 is beefier, heavier, and has more resting arch. It also comes with the locating in on the top to be installed in the spring under configuration. I had to flip that to install. Now the rear sag has been corrected!