Starting Bronco II after 5 years

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
briese87

Starting Bronco II after 5 years

Postby briese87 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:09 pm

A buddy at work is practictly giving away a bronco 2. I want it but have to get it running. I would appreciate input. I know very little about the truck.. I do know it ran fine when he parked it. it's a 2.9fi 5sp 4x4 and low mile ( 50k range) and in good condition! It's a steal. But it hasn't run in 5ish years. I need to get it running to get her home.. like 10 miles.. I know I need to drain old gas and new battery. There are lots of things I will work on when I get her home just hoping all you wise people won't tell me I need to change the oil, coolant, etc... It's been in a garage but not heated.. my temptation is to fire her up (if its that easy) and bring her home. All wisdom is appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

broncofan

Re: Starting Bronco II after 5 years

Postby broncofan » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:36 am

You should want to change all the fluids after sitting that long anyway, if she starts let her run for a bit, if not see below.

Injectors are probably bad after sitting. Check to see fuel pressure first, turn key on, listen for pump, Schrader valve for injectors by throttle body. See if fuel comes out. Make sure keys off first lol. fuel squirts out, it may start and run poorly lol.

Post pics too lol.
2013 Taurus SHO LMS V11 tune, 06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition,03 Mustang GT Conv, 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2, 84 BII

Return to “Bronco Tech”