Bronco won’t start

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
DumbMechanic

Bronco won’t start

Post by DumbMechanic »

Desperate need of help. I have a 88 model Bronco ii. I hit a rut on a trail a little faster than I should have and it cut off on me. It will not start back up at all and I’m clueless. I changed both fuel pumps, the fuel regulator, the icm, the fuel relay, and the green relay. It has good pressure and it has fire to the plugs. I’m lost and don’t want to spend a arm and a leg for someone else to fix it!!!!
tekatlarge

Re: Bronco won’t start

Post by tekatlarge »

Did you check the inertia switch on the firewall inside the cabin. Just push the button on the little module. :cool:
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
DumbMechanic

Post by DumbMechanic »

tekatlarge wrote:Did you check the inertia switch on the firewall inside the cabin. Just push the button on the little module. :cool:
I’m pretty sure it’s still good. I bypassed it and it still won’t start. Both pumps are turning on.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Check Your Fuel pressure. get a Gage and actually measure what the fuel pressure is when the key is switched on. it takes a minimum of about 30 psi to even squirt through the injector. I think the recommended is 40 psi It has been a long time.

I mention this cause I have seen so many people test their pump by pushing on the schrader valve and if it squirts they say it's good. You actually have to measure.

I think I heard you say it has spark. Make sure and check it at the plug.

Try that and we keep on from there. :cool:
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
DumbMechanic

Post by DumbMechanic »

Checked the injectors with a test light and they’re not getting any power. All of the fuses are good. I don’t know if the wiring harness has came unplugged or what