Got a 4.0

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
drofman

Got a 4.0

Post by drofman »

Well looks like I got a 4.0L to put in the Old Girl. It's the SOHC. Gonna do the Duff longarm kit at the same time. Been doing a lot of training in Sacramento lately so it's gonna be a couple months before I get to it. Gonna take the rearend also and I hope the gears are the same. I'll do a new post while I do it. :beer:
Attachments
ResizedImage951356991824181.jpg
drofman

Re: Got a 4.0

Post by drofman »

Got the motor and dash out.
Attachments
P3220097.JPG
P3220099.JPG
P3220100.JPG
P3220102.JPG
iceman21

Post by iceman21 »

Is the 4.0 a bolt up? Wiring and all? Because I have a 87 b2 with a Manual tranny that unjust rebuilt but my engine in big time on the down hill so I'm considering the 302 and cologne v6 4.0
Mudhog1977

Post by Mudhog1977 »

4.0 is bolt up, have to change wiring, and flywheel, I'm in the process of doing a 302 efi in mine right now
Live to ride, ride to live, thats how I roll
drofman

Post by drofman »

Well it looks like life got in the way of the old girl getting the 4.0 SOHC into the B2.

My Dad has lung cancer at 78 even though he hasn’t smoked in 20 years and in 2008 his lungs were fine. I put a 2 ½” lift kit on his Jeep Liberty last month because he is the one that taught me how the 4X4 and he still enjoys it.

We were waiting till the Boss (my Mom) to say we could get tires to make it complete. So everything went on Craigslist to get my old man tires.

We are planning a Death Valley trip (kinda funning huh) to do the final trip together.

I don’t want to be one of those guys that said they didn’t spend time with their DAD!!!!!!!!!!!
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Right On Drof,

I know when My Brother Passed from cancer We spent almost everyday or at least an hour or two together. The unfortunate part was watching him waste away that last year. I was real close to my Bro and Building Project Philstang side by side was what made him last as long as he did. He told me 3 days before he passed it was the best of times working together.

I sure miss that guy and I know he went with a smile.

My advice Mr. Drof Do everything you can and savor every moment with him as life is too short as it is!
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
drofman

Post by drofman »

Ya Tek I will. Here's a link of a video of a pal of made of our trip to the South end of Death Valley this year.

I didn't take the B2 as she's broke right now but did take the F150 and took the running boards off and glad I did. The white and grey Toyotas had open diffs so we told them that they had to keep moving thru Mengal Pass. It was funning watching them as you can see in the video.
Took both Mom and Dad and we're planing to do the North end next year. Dad said he's never been to the race track (that is that dry lake bed that the rocks move by themself).
Attachments
P3220208.JPG
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Drof,

I watched the Video and that was awesome. I gotta take a real vacation and go wheeling somewhere. It looks like you guys had a heck of a lot of fun. :cool: :cool:
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
drofman

Post by drofman »

OK, so Dad passed away and gave me his Jeep. Sorry my B2 brothers but I got rid of the bucker and if there is anyone in the SoCa area that's want a good deal on the 4.0l (got all the stuff) I will make a good deal to someone who puts it into a B2. I'll still lurk around here and give my free advice (take it or leave it). I'm still a Ford man at heart and I hope I don't get warts driving a Jeep
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Hey Drof,

Sorry to hear about your father, That is a big loss. My thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

So you are switching alliances huh? I can completely understand with a free Heeeeeeeeep. I am going to eventually finish my BII and it will be a standby daily driver. The "War Dept" wants a all wheel drive vehicle so the BII will fit that nicely and I can save some money. Besides with the F150 is in good shape now so there is NO need to spend more money. That is a positive so now I can spend more money on the Hot Rod!!!!

So keep in touch and enjoy life..
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington