replacement seats

Real world tips and tricks for the do-it-yourself ethusiast. Tools and parts that make life easy, and simple fabrication tips and tricks.
bowens83

replacement seats

Post by bowens83 »

I have a 1989 ford bronco 2 xlt model and need to replace the front seats. can anyone tell me what a good aftermarket seat would be that is reasonable in price and easy to put in? my bronco is for work purposes don't need fancy stuff, just durable. thanks. robert
Ruffinit

Re: replacement seats

Post by Ruffinit »

If you're using it as a work vehicle or even as a nice driver, I wouldn't go with aftermarket as they can be quite pricey. Ranger seats, Explorer, BII, Tempo, Mustang seats will all work quite nicely. If you pull your BII seats and remove the steel base of the seat you can bolt it right on (in most cases) to the new donor seats. Right now my '84 has '94 Explorer buckets in it.
tekatlarge

Re: replacement seats

Post by tekatlarge »

There right about the stock seats. It would be economical to go the ranger explorer route. That said about 5 years ago I put a set of Corbeau seats in a ranger and if I remember correct my cost then was $500.00 sumtin for the 2 plus shipping. They were good seats and even outlived the ranger..

Stock seats and a pair of JC Whitless covers make ya look god and save ya cash for more important things like a new winch.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast