lose of power

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Lance Skene

Re: lose of power

Post by Lance Skene »

Nice article Tek, hadnt seen that page before, there someone at another Ford site rebuilding a 2150 right now so I gave him the link.
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

No worries Lance, :smilie:
I did that article several years ago and I decided to share with every one what I knew about 2100's.

On another Note I hopefully will start on the Frame Jig for my Coupe on Monday. :tongue: I had been saving some money to buy the steel to make a jig to set up the coupe frame and Had a "Craigslist Moment". I spotted an add for 90" sticks of 2X3 Square Tube 1/8 Wall welded together so it was actually 2 sticks for $10.00 a stick. Well that is a smoking deal these days as metal prices are way up. So I go down to pick me up 10 of those 2 stick bundles for $100.00 and the guy slipped 2 more bundles for a total of 12 bundles for $100.00. He says I am his first customer for this metal so I got a bonus. Damn good deal and he loaded them for me!!! I got enough steel now to get a damn good start on the Jig. I love Craigslist some times!!
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
rayrayd

Post by rayrayd »

Update: found carb was severely rusted - beyond clean and rebuild - new carb and she is running better than ever!!! This carb is dura spark friendly so, thats the next project!
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Goog to hear its running better. What do you mean by "duraspark friendly" ?? Did you put on a 2150 or something differant??

Im just starting another duraspark conversion... got all the crap stripped out on sunday, need valve cover gaskets cause I want to set the valves before putting it back together.
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
rayrayd

Post by rayrayd »

I don't remember what model that carb was - my cousin is helping me with this project. its a reman - i think for an early 80's model Ford truck - its doesn't have the electric choke - I can figure
out what it is and let you know. It only ran me about $250

I did make a copy of the link you sent over on the duraspark conversion

I've gotten side tracked with bad pivot arm bushing and stabilizer bushing

thanks again for the help